BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
Role summary: Product Implementation Engineer
We are looking for an Product Implementation Engineer to sit within our Customer Support team to provide a high quality support service to our clients in the Financial Crime and Compliance sector. Our ethic is client-centric and we take pride in customer satisfaction.
Find out more about our Financial Services solutions: http://www.baesystems.com/en/cybersecurity/solutions/by-industry/financial-services
We’re looking for an enthusiastic team member who demonstrates excellent problem solving in our core technologies and excellent communication skills. You’ll be naturally inquisitive and go beyond routine questioning to find the underlying causes of issues, with technical ownership of tasks. Previous experience in a similar role in Finance, Insurance or Retail Banking preferred.
- SQL (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- SAS Macro (dataserver)
- Hadoop, Spark
- Investigation, diagnosis and resolution of application related issues (Level 3/Level4)
- Take ownership for issues and push to resolution within SLA.
- Make bug fixes (java/SQL/SAS macro) where required
- Liaise with customers to inform of progress, request information, manage expectations and close out issues in a timely manner
- Participate in customer calls on P1 issues from a technical perspective
- Appropriate escalation to Team Leads
- Take ownership of handovers from Professional Services to Support
- Technical degree plus min 3 years’ experience in a related role.
- The ability to juggle conflicting priorities and demands, and deliver on time
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in resolving challenging issues
- The ability to self-manage and work as part of a team
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to participate in the on call weekend rota
- Willingness to cover day and evening shift on a flexible rota
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Financial Services
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the financial sector is one of the biggest targets for cyber-attacks. Our Financial Services business unit is responsible for all of our clients in the financial sector and handle all areas of these relationships. AI’s Financial Services Division helps banks, insurers and other major financial institutions to combat fraud, unauthorised trading and money laundering, and meets their regulatory compliance obligations.
As a member of the Financial Services business unit, you will be responsible for providing critical services to clients in the financial sector and ensure that we remain a leading name in cyber security. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.