Principle Software Engineer (Expression of Interest)
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Our mission at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that our customers can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
At our Malaysian Global Delivery Centre we work with clients from around the world to deliver engineering services and products to meet their digital needs. As we continue to support our global clients, we have a number of project opportunities doing software development and we are looking for principal software engineers and architects to join us in our mission.
Those who apply to this role are expressing an interest to work with us in this area, we will discuss specifics of potential roles and when they would begin during an informal initial discussion.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will be placed in one of several potential projects based on career preference, current technological experience and business needs.
Some example project areas:
- Geospatial mapping and intelligence gathering software products
- Network data traffic analytics with application of machine learning
- DevOps/Platform development on environments such as AWS or Azure
- Highly scaled applications for large enterprise/government clients
Example responsibilities our Principal Software Engineers would have:
- Leading with strong technical knowledge in the prototyping and researching of new product solutions and third party integrations
- Providing technical leadership to design and architect software solutions
- Hands on development of object orientated software code in high level languages such as Java, Python or C++
- Developing web based front end software in modern frameworks such as ReactJS or AngularJS
- Contributing to product roadmap discussions using SCRUM and SAFe agile development methodologies
- Participating in the design of DevOps, CI & platform infrastructure using technologies such as AWS, Azure, Jenkins, Terraform and Docker/Kubernetes
- Acting as a point of escalation to help investigate and resolve technical problems including making necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance
- Provide leadership and mentoring to junior engineers
- Some roles may include opportunities for short term international assignments
What We Are Looking For
- At least 10 years’ experience in practical software development
- Proven ability to engage confidently with senior stakeholders in planning product roadmaps and presenting the technical output of the team
- Experience in setup of new teams including processes and technical architecture
- Proven experience in mentoring software engineers and nurturing their passion for engineering
- Experience in full-stack technical design is desirable but not essential
- Experience working with export control restrictions and knowledge of strategies for adopting low-side working for sensitive projects an advantage
What We Offer
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 18 days holiday a year (increases to 21 after 5 years’ service)
- You are expected to work a 40 hour week but flexibility can be given around what hours in a day are worked
- We support hybrid working and give flexibility to teams to decide on the balance between remote and office based working
- Our benefits package include private family medical cover, dental, optical, maternity (4 months), paternity (2 weeks) & study leave
- We also offer home working allowances and EPF contributions for both local and expatriate staff
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career and is something we will support with funded training and certification pathways
- You’ll be part of our annual bonus and share scheme in addition to our annual pay review with guaranteed Fixed Pay Allowance
- You’ll be eligible to receive BAE Systems Shares Incentives based yearly on the company’s performance
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.