Job Title: Principal Specialist, Commodity Management & Sourcing (Subcontract Management)
Req ID: 183343BR
Location(s): Hybrid working – Flexible UK base, with ability to travel primarily to Harlow, Essex but also other RUK sites & suppliers as required
Summary of Role:
Within the Weapons and Sensors Business Area, one of the largest operating areas within the Raytheon UK business, the dynamic Subcontract Management team manage circa £350M annually and are an integral part of the Supply Chain team. The Team are involved in several exciting and high-profile programmes and accountable for partnering and promoting relationship management strategies resolving risk and challenges within the supply chain and bring material & services into the Raytheon safeguarding continuity of supply, to the highest quality and deliver on time.
Reporting to the Senior Subcontracts Manager for the Weapons and Sensors Business Area, the Principal Specialist
will be responsible to contributes to Subcontract Management activity in respect of partnering and relationship management strategies and responses to customer Requests for Proposal. Responsible for and directs all phases of the subcontract from initiation of the business case for make or buy decisions through requests for proposals, subcontract management plans, negotiation strategy, cost accountability, programme execution and contract closure.
At Raytheon UK (RSL), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach and yours as a RSL employee.
If you think you have what it takes and want to join a dynamic organisation, then read on!
Main Duties (Leading and/or Supporting):
- Liaising with peers from other disciplines and businesses and the Functional SLT.
- Creates, executes and manages various International or Domestic subcontract types (Cost Type, Incentive Type, Firm Fixed, etc.), using various source selection techniques.
- Participates in development of supplier Statements of Work (SOW) and conducts bidders’ conferences as required.
- Performs or supports cost and price analysis, develops negotiation strategies, and leads negotiations in order to
create value for money outcomes for procuring goods and services
- Directs and manages all costs, quality, schedule, financial and technical performance requirements that are levied on the subcontractor or the product family and is required to ensure performance and support of the contract milestones of the system
- Responsible for early subcontractor identification and engagement to support new business pursuits and provide risk and opportunity analysis for early capture.
- Contribute to the creation of business capture strategies by recommending strategic choices to improve the organisation’s short and long term performance
- Executes to customer requirements including government regulations, public law and Raytheon policies and procedures.
- Continually assesses and promotes sustainable and responsible procurement, including social, cultural and diversity values in the organisation and throughout the supply chain
- Leverages industry capabilities to align with technology roadmaps.
- Participates in gate reviews and capture / proposal efforts.
- Leads or is an active member of the Supplier IPT and facilitates relationships between program office/functional organisations and suppliers.
- Utilises project management skills and techniques when managing suppliers.
- Evaluates the challenges faced by the programme(s)/organisation
and the supply chains and takes action to mitigate risks and to develop opportunities
- Initiates and participates in supplier assessments and development activities.
- Functional representative at supplier and internal reviews including Gates, MRBs and EACs
- Produces business cases/ briefing materials for management reviews
- Participates / leads supplier assessments and supplier development activity teams, including the administration of appropriate due diligence activity
- Experience in Subcontract Management, Procurement, Commodity and / or related field
- Related degree/ MCIPS / BA / MBA / B.Eng / M.Eng / MSc or equivalent
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Able to lead effectively in a multi-functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communications and ability to brief at mid/senior level
- Knowledge of import/export legislation and logistical requirements
- Experience of working in an integrated programme management team with some understanding of PM processes (IPDS / Risk Management / Programme Gating / Metrics/ SOW Development / Business Finance)
- Experience in high complexity proposal and programme governance activities
- Administration of delivery/acceptance/invoicing
of goods and services
- Experience in or exposure to negotiating high complexity non-standard agreements
- Experience of problem solving and dispute resolution
- Experience or knowledge of MRP, SAP and purchase order placement / material receipt processes
- Understanding of strategies and turning them into operational reality
- Understanding the various types of Supplier agreements
- Experience of running supplier competitions
- Experience of developing and managing Subcontractor Relationship Management (SRM) and collaborative working
- Experience of working with complex international suppliers / programmes
- Experience in a continuous process improvement environment
- Experience as Control Account Manager
- Knowledge and creating various type of supplier agreements
- Understanding of ITAR and its implications would be advantageous
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice schemes.
Enhanced sick pay scheme
Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women’s Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.