96-99 Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE, UK
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer. We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently seeking a Principal Solutions Architect to join our expanding team in Brighton, Sussex, UK.
The Principal Solutions Architect will develop and deliver conceptual designs and technical architectures suited to a variety of product, customer and market needs. The individual will be acknowledged as a thought leader within the ATI, credible and comfortable when engaging with C-level executives of both a technical and non-technical disposition.
- Provision of the technical solution architecture for capital program initiatives.
- Leading, and collaborating with, other members of the Engineering team in the development of technical architecture proposals that adopt best practices and employ industry architecture frameworks.
- Provide technical solution designs for customer and market opportunities in situations where the technical sales support function does not have the requisite knowledge.
- Employing and applying a deep knowledge of cloud platforms and the core capabilities of cloud service providers (e.g. serverless architectures) in designing and implementing contemporary architectural solutions.
- Develop business, application, systems, data, services and solution architectures.
- Architect, plan and implement cloud applications incorporating modern application architectures and satisfying all applicable cybersecurity considerations.
- Designing a target technical architecture for the Airports business unit’s portfolio of products and services.
- Devising technical product roadmaps depicting the steps anticipated to migrate from the current state to the targeted future state.
- Engaging with senior customer executives, generating technical proposals and solutions to their business problems, sharing and refining these with them in a collaborative fashion.
- Demonstrating technical thought-leadership to existing and prospective customers in the Air Transport Industry.
- Participation in, and influencing of, Industry bodies and standards groups to align with Rockwell-Collins interests.
- Attending industry events and standards making bodies and proactively sharing the information and intelligence derived from these with both the Engineering team and the wider organization.
- Breaking down high level business requirements into their constituent parts and identifying alternative technologies that could potentially be employed to address these.
- Identifying and researching contemporary technologies that may be applicable in addressing product and market needs.
- Making technology choices and proposals that consider the wider business context, risks, opportunities and constraints.
- Fulfilling the role of technical liaison between Global Product Management (GPM), the Airports BU, and the Engineering team.
- Deliver cost efficiencies by migrating the product portfolio over time towards a common target architecture where it makes sense to do so.
- Devise and document the technical policies with which the Engineering team would ordinarily comply.
- Devise and manage a process whereby requests to diverge from the then current technical policies may be heard and adjudicated.
- Partnering with GPM in the technical elaboration of proposed product investments so that initial estimates for inclusion in the capital budget planning process can be made.
- Ensuring that design and development work undertaken by others within the Engineering team is aligned to the approved technical architecture for a given project/program.
- Conducting and participating in journey mapping with business and technology stakeholders to ensure a cohesive cross-channel user experience.
- Applying human-centered Design Thinking principles to clearly establish workflow and functions based on roles and personas.
- Plan, design and review the construction of APIs, providing direction and guidance that ensure compliance with standards and requirements.
- Follow all organizational Standard Operating Procedures relating to approvals, reviews, workflows and deliverables.
Skills & Experience
- Experience with cloud architectures, tools, technologies, processes and providers is essential.
- Broad domain level architectural understanding of contemporary application architectures, cloud computing, DevSecOps, IT infrastructure, networks, IT governance and IT security.
- Experience of working with a range of different technologies and/or products addressing rules engines, database management systems, data lakes, data modelling and data analytics.
- Experience with architecting security designs in compliance with security regulations.
- Experience with Agile and other SDLC methodologies.
- Knowledge of hyper-converged technology, containerization, and serverless services
- Experience in systems design, programming, implementation and integration of complex distributed IT solutions.
- A detailed knowledge of the Airport and Air Transport Industry domains is desirable.
- The ability to depict and convey understanding of technical architecture using a wide range of design notations and artifacts, as applicable to the audience.
- A career path that has provided exposure to and experience of employing a broad spectrum of technologies.
- Ability to articulate ideas in both business and technical terms, both orally and in writing, according to the audience.
- The knowledge and experience to be credible in the eyes of senior customer executives (both technical and non-technical).
- Comfortable with presenting at customer-facing events and situations.
- Ability to clearly communicate their ideas to designers and developers, securing and sustaining their buy-in.
- Knowledge of the existing Airports Business Unit’s portfolio of products and services is an advantage.
- Willing and able to travel extensively.
- Ability to listen and be comfortable with their ideas being constructively challenged.
- Ability to be perceived as an independent voice unaffiliated to any single Airports Engineering location regardless of where the position is based.
- Experience of using Enterprise Architect, Visio and other contemporary tools for capturing architectural designs.
- Must take the initiative in driving technical discussions with the relevant parties and not wait to be invited.
Ideally, you will educated to BSc or MSc degree level in Computer Science or related field. In the absence of a degree, significant and relevant experience will be considered.
Attainment of one or more Cloud certifications (such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or Microsoft Azure Architect Design) and/or equivalent work experience.
in accordance with our ‘ Baseline Security ‘ requirements,
will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business.
These relate to positions where access to export controlled items, (e.g., Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and Collins IT Systems may apply.
For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.