Job Title: PMO Analyst (IT)
Location(s): Harlow or Glenrothes
Req ID: 176670
Reporting into the Head of PMO and Foundation Services
this new role supports the function with tracking and
reporting on the health and performance of all IT
services, programmes and projects. Maintaining and
reporting on all service, project finances, risks and
dependencies. Maintaining and managing portfolio
policies and procedures, supporting the project
management community and carrying out QA checks.
Identifying, capturing and escalating portfolio level risk,
issues and dependencies to the senior management.
• Works closely with the Head of PMO and Foundation
Services, Service and Project Portfolio Management team
and wider IT teams to provide assurance, governance
and management reporting.
• Interpret and present different cuts of data in
different formats with the right accompanying narrative
for different audiences.
• To maintain all performance dashboards and prepare
reports to be submitted to be used in various review and
• Track the status of all projects based on updates
from project managers on a weekly basis, including the
extraction of data from plans, project finances and risk
• Working closely with the Project Managers to ensure
that Project Status Reports are updated in a timely
manner and of agreed quality.
• Utilise trend data extracted from the in-flight project
plans, project finances and risk registers to identify or
forecast issues including time slippage, scope creep and
overspend to inform decision making across the portfolio
in a format suitable for use at all levels of seniority.
• Perform financial analysis on all programme and
project budgets and prepare various reports and key
• Maintain and update the capacity and resource
utilisation reports to provide forward-view of shared
resources across the IT department, calling out free and
busy periods and proposing corrective actions to help
• Ensure all projects are set up correctly, and all
reporting is done effectively on those projects
• Assist in closure for all projects in collaboration with
project team and maintain record of all IT governance
• Support project managers in ensuring that the
budgets, risks, issues and changes are managed
• Deliver quality information on the status, risks, and
issues associated with portfolio programmes and projects
to the relevant management groups, ensuring actions
from the meetings are captured and progress against
them is communicated.
• Support compliance to agreed methodologies
ensuring all projects comply with methodology and
monitor progress though states/gates/checkpoints and
pre-empt the need for non-conformances.
• Provide advice, guidance and challenge as necessary
to ensure project data is accurate.
• Ability to flex communication style to meet the needs
of the situation.
• Manage and update all Service and PMO process,
framework and template documentation.
• Review, monitor and perform audits on all IT
programmes and projects on adherence policies,
governance, standards and compliance and prepare and
• Encourage knowledge transfer and lessons learnt
activities within the PMO and project teams to drive best
• Build and maintain robust relationships with all
• Experience of working within a programme, project
or change environment and an expert in governance and
methodology best practice.
• Knowledge of ITIL/PMO/P30 functions and services,
project management principles, methods, techniques
and tools for the effective management of projects and
service lifecycle from initiation to implementation.
• Excellent communication skills in written and oral
presentation ensuring that PMO reporting is concise,
consistent, transparent and pragmatic.
• Strong collaborative communicator with an analytical
mind set and able to interpret and report back complex
information in a meaningful way.
• An in-depth knowledge of MS Excel is essential,
including skills to design databases and manipulate data
using pivot tables and formulas.
• Ability to provide analytical evidence-based approach
to solving problems, ensuring outputs can be translated
for interpretation across all levels of seniority.
• Keen attention to detail and a desire to provide
quality outputs in line with company branding guidelines.
• Adaptable, flexible and able to work in a change
environment as well as the confidence to drive change
based on analytical evidence.
• Able to develop good relationships with the IT team
members and key stakeholders across the business.
• SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.