Join us to lead our Claims & Commercial Insurance Platform (Guidewire) – supporting our customers in their moment of need – when they need to claim!
We are looking for a proven technology leader, who can inspire and lead our internal and external teams as they transform our technology, customer experience and ways of working:
- Experience of transforming a platforms ways of working to drive out the benefits of agile at scale and implementing a DevOps mindset
- Experience of running large technology change initiatives (multimillion ££ + large engineering teams circa 100 people)
- Experience of the run side of a platform and also how to transition run from something “separate” to fully integrated with change activity
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who wants to make a real difference to this strategic platform and ultimately for our end customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the change and run technology teams to ensure there are the right capabilities, ways of working and supply to meet business needs.
- Manage technical teams in the effective support, maintenance, and improvement of a defined set of IT services and their underpinning applications.
- Accountable for service availability, incidents, problems, vulnerability removal, technical refreshes, disaster recovery, capacity and demand, performance.
- Compliance with Business Protection Controls and IT Standards which are relevant to the Platform.
- Governance over activities delivered in the Platform through 3rd parties. Guaranteeing delivery to contractual obligations within agreed costs.
- Proactively manage the Platform estate including threat and vulnerability management, technical refresh, disaster recovery, business continuity, risk management, monitoring of critical processes, capacity planning and service resilience.
- Review and allocation of Change & Run costs within the Platform to ensure cost transparency.
Skills & Experience required:
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex high pressurised situations to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to manage complex issues ensuring delegated actions are completed to the appropriate standards.
- IT Service Management experience.
- Ability to influence others effectively to achieve the required outcome.
- ITIL Awareness is preferable.
- Strong background in IT application management.
- Strong experience of Agile working, preferably at scale.
- Experience in DevOps.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of circa £75,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0121 200 5926 or send an email to [email protected] .com.
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.