We are recruiting for a Platform Manager to join The Data Platform Team within Aviva.
The role of Platform Manager is to lead the Analytics Platform which is utilised by Business Intelligence and Data Scientist teams across Aviva. Platform includes Business Intelligence tools like Qliksense and Business Objects as well as Data Science applications like DataIku, RStudio and Data Robot.
In an increasingly data intensive world the analytics platform allows business teams to unlock actionable insight and models driving successful business outcomes on a self-serve basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the management and leadership of the Analytics Platform team. Resourcing projects to deliver change.
- Responsible for the operational effectiveness of the Platform and keeping the Platform secure.
- Partnering with the business to promote self-service on the Analytics Platform.
- Developing the future roadmap of the Analytics Platform.
- Accountable for a team of 12-16 permanent staff.
- Accountable for 10-30 project related staff from our IT outsource suppliers.
- Responsible for the operational effectiveness of the applications in the Analytics Platform.
- Responsible for the security of the applications and the data residing within the Platform.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience of data science and business intelligence tooling and how they can be deployed to support BI and Data Science teams.
- Knowledge of best practice in Machine Learning Operations and processes required to support.
- Experience of tools like DataIku, RStudio, Qliksense or Business Objects.
- Degree in relevant discipline.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of circa £75,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0121 200 5926 or send an email to [email protected] .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.