Strategy& is a global team of practical strategists, committed to helping our clients solve their toughest problems, working alongside them to seize essential advantages by improving the way Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences (PLS) organisations develop and commercialise healthcare products.
Strategy& teams leverage a world-class, international network to deliver solutions for a wide range of clients. We work with a variety of exciting clients – from early stage academic biotechs conducting blue skies research through to fully-integrated pharmaceutical organisations – to navigate the dynamic pharmaceutical industry in tangible ways. Our primary role is to develop the core strategies for our clients and help them to realise practical results, such as enabling commercialisation of cutting edge products, developing profitable innovations, successfully closing a carve-out deal and managing post-merger integrations.
Strategy& teams tackle the multifaceted environment of PLS. Having created launch plans for rare diseases, developed entry strategies for emerging markets, integrated real-world data and revitalised patient interactions, our work encompasses the multitude of PLS initiatives. We create tailored approaches to solve key strategic issues spanning research development, portfolio management, patient access, pricing and market access, organizational structure and regulatory – plus many more new industry challenges.
Using a capabilities-driven focus, Strategy& is re-inventing strategy consulting as the world’s leading Strategy-through-Execution firm. We offer clients end-to-end services to build approaches for key development and commercialisation functions all under one roof, with a proven track record of execution and delivery, and unrivalled global scale and experience.
As a manager in Strategy&’s Pharma Life Sciences group, you are a leading thought-partner to clients, solving problems and running the day-to-day activities of client engagements. You will engage in client engagement through problem solving, building client relationships and managing personal development of the team. Working with consultants from across our global offices, you will have the opportunity to interact with leading international clients across the PLS industry.
On projects, you are the point-of-contact for client stakeholders and manage daily activities of the team to deliver project milestones. Typical daily activities include structuring client problems, story-boarding project approaches and coordinating multiple workstreams. You will be supported by a Senior Manager, Director and Partner, while providing direction for the Senior Associates and Associates on your team.
Outside of engagements, managers are mentors within the firm, acting as people-managers and coaches for other Strategy& consultants. Engaging with the Strategy& and Pharma community is key to growing our firm; participating in thought leadership and building new initiatives based on person interests are some of the many ways Strategy& members continue to develop the business
Strategy& offers in-depth training across all consulting levels and will support your development throughout your career. Using a combination of formal training programs and on-the-job feedback learning, our consultants combine core analytical thinking with hypothesis-driven approaches to deliver tangible client deliverables.
As a part of Strategy&, you will support clients in developing their capabilities across functions, whether it is strategy development, capabilities assessment or transforming the way the company works within the pharmaceutical industry. This is an exciting time for the industry and for Strategy& as we help pharmaceutical companies transform their business models.
- Support senior leadership in managing client engagements from strategy development to end-to-end deliverable creation
- Use analytical, hypothesis-driven thinking to form and shape solutions to unstructured client problems
- Communicate effectively to clients and internal stakeholders through verbal and written presentations
- Manage and support teams of 2-5 junior members with a high level of independence
- Engage with the greater Strategy& and Pharma community to develop firm presence
- Run a project or workstream, acting as the main day-to-day contact for clients, presenting content, fielding questions and developing solutions to problems
- Framework projects, including storyboarding and structuring engagement deliverables using a goal-oriented approach
- Manage the development and functioning of the project team, providing guidance and coaching to other members
- Develop competencies of junior consultants while managing the team workload and welfare
- Communicate within the team structure, escalating issues timely and appropriately
- Track project budgets and client billing accurately and on time
- Support senior management with project proposals and developing new business opportunities
- Participate, as needed, with recruitment and act as a people manager to 1 or more Associates
Experience & skills required
- Experience managing 1 or 2 individuals
- The ability to think strategically about business and industry trends and use analytical, problem-solving techniques to break down issues into the ‘so what’
- A track record of delivering quality work for clients, demonstrating an understanding of the client’s professional standards and maintaining respectful client relationships
- PhD in Life Sciences and / or MBA qualification (preferred)
- 2-3 years’ experience within strategy/management consulting or a PLS organisation (preferred)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Eagerness to learn and develop new skills
- Good organisation and planning
- Collaborative nature and team-player mentality
- Self-motivation and self-starter approach
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.