BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
This opportunity offers the chance to be involved in the setup and establishment of a new Business Unit and will be the primary People Partner contact point for the planning and mobilisation of resources for the Campaign. This will require a deep understanding of how to operationalise, integrate and deliver HR and People processes, projects and change. You will report into the Senior People Partner and work closely with the leadership team, partnering with them to deliver their People plan. You will interact with staff at all levels, and must have the ability to sometimes work under pressure, whilst remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. You should have expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail. The role also leads and assists on the provision and management of visas for the team to ensure all required employees are in place and have the correct visas in order to deliver the programme on time and on budget.
This role is offered on a 1 year fixed term contract basis, and can be based from any of our main UK offices which some office visits to Guildford, Surrey required.
What you’ll be doing
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
- Coach with operational advice on a range of employment and people issues and business change based on business needs, working in collaboration with the appropriate Senior People Partner.
- Enable line/career manager capability uplift, facilitating/supporting/coaching the manager in execution of people initiatives where necessary.
- Provide operational advice on a range of employment and performance issues and business changes based on business needs.
- Support Senior People Partners in running a seamless performance and talent review and reward cycle.
- Lead the People Stream to ensure all HR elements and requirements are considered and integrated as part of the project planning (e.g. People Strategy, Resourcing Strategy, compliance requirements, Applicable Ts & Cs, new location policies and processing requirement, payroll, immigration process and timelines etc.)
- Work with the Project team to define the People Strategy and appropriate organisational design for the project delivery and the associated role descriptions. Ensure roles are evaluated and graded in accordance with HR Process.
- Work with the different streams of the Project team and resourcing to determine the mobilisation requirements and liaise with the Global Mobility team to understand the routes to entry, entity requirements. Work with both to define the optimum mobilisation plan (i.e. local hires vs assignees, permanent hires vs associates) and ensure it aligns with the project team’s requirements and tax and Global Mobility compliance requirements.
- Work with Global Mobility to determine alternatives until a solution is identified that meets both the Global Mobility compliance requirements and the Project team’s requirements.
- Ensure that Global Mobility have the information they need on Project Scope, activities to be performed in country and resource deployment, to be able to provide the necessary guidance and costings. Act as the interlink between Global Mobility and the Project team for any clarification, adjustments or interpretations.
- In collaboration with Global Mobility, finalise the mobilisation summary that outlines assignment types, Terms & Conditions, payroll management etc.
- Work with Group Legal and Global Mobility to ensure that all paperwork templates are finalised for all assignment scenarios
- If local recruitment is required in the new location, work with Group legal in collaboration with Regional AI HR to ensure that all paperwork templates, processes, onboarding etc. is complete
- Consider and incorporate any engagement and communications required to generate interest and engagement in the Campaign.
- Participate in Resourcing and Recruiting meetings to ensure alignment and understanding of any particular HR related issues.
- Support the on-going delivery of the Programme as required e.g. reviewing extension requests, managing any assignment queries from an HR side and liaising with Global Mobility on any issues.
What we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate most or all of the following:
- Understanding of HR systems, theories and practices pertaining to the People Strategy and plan, and activities of the business. Robust understanding of HR and how the function operates.
- International HR experience, gained in a complex organisation
- Degree in HR / Business related discipline and CIPD qualified (desirable)
- Good with data and analytics; able to interpret and translate numbers into a narrative
- Commercial understanding of the business issues, and a customer services mind-set
- The ability to build strong relationships with and influence senior stakeholders across the business. Seen by internal stakeholders as the subject matter expert and primary point of contact for the Campaign.
- Able to lead projects and work as part of a team, displaying strong organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to influence and coach managers in line with business priorities.
- Draws on and values different views and promotes inclusivity at all times.
- Ability to translate Business Strategy into action for People agendas and creating winning solutions and output for the business; can develop innovative and creative solutions to challenging problems and issues.
- Can make evaluative judgments of both factual and qualitative information drawn from a variety of sources. The ability to apply skills and knowledge to a range of problems and issues. Draws upon past or previous experience and makes judgements to resolve problems for scenarios that may not be covered by standard procedures.
- Displays courage; is willing to be bold and challenge the status quo in advocating new approaches in order to progress the people partnering agenda.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.