Job Title: Operations Programme Industrial Placement
Time Commitment: 37 hours a week
Department: Military Aftermarket Spares
Closing Date: 4th February 2022
Start Date: 4th July 2022
Vacancy Type: Student – Sandwich/Industrial Work Placement
Salary: £20,000 per annum
The Military Aftermarket Spares organisation is a multi-functional team that source, manufacture and supply primary and secondary flight controls, to Aircraft manufacturers, Operators and Air forces around the world.
Although a small team, the Spares team are responsible for a significant element of the Military value stream financial performance.
A key factor in realising the operational and financial targets of the department is the ability to leverage shared resources both on the Wolverhampton site but also external suppliers and subcontract services.
It is the role of the Operations Programme Industrial Placement to establish or develop these relationships, leveraging all resources to assist the operations team in achieving the department targets.
Example of activities and tasks :
- Building effective relationships within and beyond the Aftermarket department
- Expediting both internal and external sub-con operations
- Operational management / support –
- Operational Execution – support the Operations and Shift Managers
- Logistics – In build kitting issues resolution
- Rework – support decision making for people, machine and equipment priority
- Final view & Product shipment support
- FAIR – First Article Inspection Review support in data collection and FAIR pack population
- Support raising quality notifications – support the Quality clinic triage
- Escalating risks and opportunities
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
Current undergraduate achieving a minimum of a 2:1
MS Excel and PowerPoint
An interest in Engineering, Aerospace & business management
Strong communication skills, with and ability to effectively engage at all levels within the organisation.
Self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiative but also operate within a team.
Ability to challenge the norm, escalate issues and present new ideas.
This is a great opportunity to broaden your personal development and experience exciting challenges. If you’re interested in a Operations Programme Work Placement with Collins Aerospace, we would love to hear from you.
IMPORTANT: Candidates must be able to commit to the full 12 month placement (apart from the 25 days annual holiday).
Your application will go through a variety of selection methods which may result in an interview. Please note that as we find suitable candidates we will no longer accept applications for this opportunity so we suggest you apply as early as possible to have the best chance of success! Good Luck!
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.