Collins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, has a brand new opening within our Actuation business in Wolverhampton. You will join as our Operations Lead for our Highlift Value Stream. This opportunity is a key leadership role, reporting to the Value Stream Director and be responsible for the day to day production and delivery processes for the entire Machine shop.
This is an incredibly varied role where you will lead a team 3; 2x Team Managers and a Lead Manufacturing Engineer. Overall a team of about 50, which is growing over the next quarter- experience of growing a team is important. You will champion the use of Collins Management System (CMS) at all levels within the organisation, as well as being an advocate for continuous improvement activities utilising Lean process methodologies.
You will work closely with other departments in the Value Stream eg. Assembly and test, quality, engineering, programmes & cost reduction.
We’re looking for someone who has experience of running a Machine Shop, who can pull system driven data eg. Utilisation of SAP and has fantastic Lean knowledge!
There are plenty of career path options as well as learning opportunities such as ACE training programmes.
- Ensure key business deliverables are met and exceeded, including On Time In Full (OTIF), productivity, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) & budget adherence
- Driving world class manufacturing methods across your team
- Working with the module support staff to develop employees into future leaders- including the developing others through the use of a variety of techniques e.g. coaching & mentoring
- Liaise closely with external and internal stakeholders to ensure good communication is established and common goals agreed
- To find and drive efficiency improvements, with particular focus upon waste, direct labor/machine efficiency and through-puts
- Improve Value Stream performance by executing lean manufacturing initiatives such as Kanban, SIOP, 5S, and Kaizen while maintaining focus on Quality improvements.
- To create and maintain an environment that encourages and supports change while maintaining compliance and protecting the business
- To ensure all manufacturing reports are produced in a timely and accurate manner
- To ensure compliance with Company Health & Safety and Environmental policies
Experience and Skills
- Fantastic people management and leadership experience
- Previous exposure to working within a Machine Shop setting would be highly desirable
- Experience with machining gears would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience in cost reduction
- Ability to make high- level assessments and highlight risks
- Enthusiasm, desire to succeed and discipline to achieve significant results for the organisation
- Previous exposure to training, leading and motivating both teams and individuals
- Formal qualification in a lean manufacturing and/or six sigma
- Understanding of a range of manufacturing processes (assembly and machining is beneficial)
- Experience in leading large multi-functional teams
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary and car benefit, as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as private dental & healthcare. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. Collins Aerospace is committed to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion because we believe that acknowledging and learning from people from many different backgrounds and interests creates an environment where everyone can be their best, ensuring that Collins can be its best. All welcome. All equal. All in.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.