Your new company
You will be part of a newly formed IT security team in this Higher Education organisation who have become increasingly aware of cyber and security risk to the organisation.
Your new role
You will be part of a newly formed team that is responsible for mitigating the organisations operational IT Security risk. Reporting on and mitigation of vulnerabilities within the IT estate, the detection and initial investigation of suspicious activity from analysis of system log files and improving awareness of the IT Security agenda within operational IT teams
What you’ll need to succeed
We are looking for:
- Experience with Network infrastructure security and associated systems – Patch management – Server builds – Vulnerability scanning – Cloud technologies.
- Monitoring of technical logs for potential suspicious activity and identify significant incidents for further investigation.
- Identification and assessment of operational vulnerabilities within the IT estate.
- Experience of managing IT security monitoring systems such as SIEM, enterprise log collection, vulnerability scanning
- Knowledge of network protocols and network/server operating systems
- Knowledge of software exploits and vulnerabilities
What you’ll get in return
In return you will receive a generous salary and benefits package and have the opportunity to build on your IT security skills and a newly formed team, Flexible working options are available.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.