UK016-Kilkeel, United Kingdom At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team? At our Kilkeel Facility, we manufacture aircraft interior seating for a number of worldwide customers. As a leader in the aerospace industry, we have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Engineering Team Leader in our Seating business located in Kilkeel, Northern Ireland. ROLE: New Product Introduction (NPI) Team Leader DEPARTMENT: NPI RESPONSIBLE TO: NPI Manager HOURS: 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday. Hours of work will be 8:30am – 5:15pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am – 1:00pm Friday. The post holder may be required at times to work outside his/her normal working hours for the effective performance of the duties of the post LOCATION: Collins Aerospace 2 Moor Road Kilkeel Co Down BT34 4NG OR Unit 3 The Inner Basin The Harbour Kilkeel County Down Northern Ireland BT34 4AX JOB PURPOSE Lead and support a cross functional NPI team to deliver new products across a value stream, utilsing the APQP process to ensure we meet quality, cost and schedule deliverables. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- As the first line manager for a cross functional team provide leadership and direction in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Develop the team and individuals’ skills to support the business goals and manage performance using the Company’s tools and systems
- Identify training needs and implement training plan to ensure team can support the needs of the business
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of talent.
- Interact with all other functions at the site and support daily operations i.e. Walk About Reviews
- Support the development of annual department goals and generate implementation plans to deliver against agreed targets
- Develop and improve NPI processes, including the support and leadership of continuous improvement through 5S, Lean and Problem Solving.
- Promote and support a safe working environment in line with Company objectives.
- Encourage cross departmental collaboration and knowledge sharing throughout the business.
- Drive APQP principles throughout the team and ensure a consistent approach is utilised to ensure improvement opportunities are maximized.
- Any other duties as required to support business needs.
THE PERSON Key Attributes
- Business Acumen; makes quality business decisions based on data and facts, not emotion, and weighs alternative solutions
- Change Management; actively supports and manages change strategy into a workable plan and guides execution of the plan
- Customer Intimacy; manages customer growth, loyalty and satisfaction
- Leadership; leads, develops and motivates the team to deliver results within the policies and procedures of the organisation
- Execution; effectively and efficiently manages processes, projects, and systems
- Relationship Building; builds positive working and collaborative working relations with direct reports and peer groups
- Strategic Management; knows how to identify and focus on the most critical high impact issues required for the organisation to be successful
Please note the below criteria are the requirements for the role. You must clearly outline in your CV how you meet the below criteria:
- Minimum 3rd level qualification (HND or above) in a related Engineering or Technical discipline (typically within Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics STEM) with a minimum of 3 years working experience in an operational manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3rd level qualification (HND or above) in a Business / Project Management discipline with a minimum of 3 years working experience in an operational manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in Engineering gained in a manufacturing/assembly environment.
- Knowledge of Aerospace procedures and regulations.
- Previous experience coaching, mentoring and leading small teams.
- Knowledge of APQP principles.
- Experience of applying structured Problem Solving activities.
- Relevant management training
- Membership of or working towards accreditation of an Engineering body.
To be considered for this role all candidates must submit a CV by clicking Apply. Your CV should clearly outline how you meet the criteria as listed above in the job description. This information will be used for shortlisting purposes. Failure to submit a CV and/or provide sufficient detail in your CV regarding the criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.
Please note this role is based primarily at the Kilkeel, Northern Ireland facility and relocation will not be available for this role.
Closing date is Wednesday 8th December 2021.
For any queries in relation to this role please contact [email protected]
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.