If you’re looking for a challenging career within a fast-paced environment with access to a network of multi-disciplined experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our team, you’ll be working with cutting-edge technologies and have the opportunity to develop and advance in an innovative culture that thrives on shared success, diverse ways of thinking and enables boundaryless opportunities that can drive your career in new and exciting ways. We’re looking for someone that can bring high degrees of agility, resourcefulness, influence, execution in building talent and teams and the desire to reinvent/challenge.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the network service (LAN, WAN, Cloud Exchange, International WAN, IPAM, Secure Gateway service).
- Building positive relationships throughout Global Infrastructure and Operations (GI&O) and other areas of the business is vital for this role.
- Supporting Operational governance (Incident Management, Problem mgmt.) – requirement to be on call for major incidents.
- Identify, own, and manage the specific key risks and/or IT controls and standards that you are identified as the owner and/or nominee for.
- Support change governance and project support.
- Drive Continual Service Improvement (CSI).
- Work closely with vendors to understand the evolution of their technologies and services and map these to existing solutions.
- Mentor individuals in the wider Network service teams.
- Educate and share knowledge of Aviva’s network services across the infrastructure practice.
Skills & Experience required:
- Demonstrable leadership and people management capabilities.
- High degree of agility, resourcefulness, influence, execution in building talent and teams and the desire to reinvent/challenge.
- Requires a good level of network technical capability and experience (e.g. CCNP or equivalent).
- Proven experience of working in large scale, complex outsourced network environments.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills.
- Broad vision of industry standards, new technologies and key market trends.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of circa £75,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0121 200 5926 or send an email to [email protected] .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.