Peterborough, PE2 (office based)
- Â£325 per day (umbrella)
- Â£250 per day (PAYE)
6pm to 2am â€” ad hoc work may be required over the weekend too
To build and support with BAU work which is to provision network services to companies. This means a router will need to be built from the clientsâ€™ end connecting it directly to the customer. You will be required to do the following:
- Design, plan and implement layer 2 and layer 3 IPVPN solutions for customers, ranging from Small medium enterprise to PSN to complex configuration level.
- To configure large complex layer 3 network changes as directed by customer requests.
- To be able to logically commission and provision on in house WDM systems and carry out the same duties on our TDM network.
Day to day responsibilities
- Understand both internal infrastructure as well as the customer’s, making recommendations on diversity, redundancy and scalability
- Work with project coordinators/managers and 3rd party vendors
- Prepare and apply configurations to be rolled out on our Provider Edge routers, Alcatel layer 2 switches (NTU) and customerâ€™s Cisco routers.
- Configuration of Interconnecting/Metnet devices to allow connectivity
- Adhering to our architecture guidelines and customer requirements undertake end-to-end testing, ensuring all provisions meet our SLA’s, before handing over the circuits to management for alarm monitoring
- Work with customers to troubleshoot issues out of their LAN and across the MPLS and Managed Internet Access.
- Make changes on in-life services, considering the impact of the change and any possible outage caused, ensuring the local change control process is followed with all relevant stakeholders updated.
- Produce and update documentation on customer networks as and when required.
- Be the technical lead on major projects, attend technical customer meetings and give presentations.
- Supporting and upskilling of non-senior engineers.
- Be able to configure Alcatel layer2 equipment using both vender specific onboarding tools such as Alcatel SAM and understand the complexity of switched network traffic and how this influences the completion of layer 3 routed traffic.
- Be able to configure Cisco Layer 3 equipment using both advanced command line configuration and vender specific onboarding tools such as IPSA and how this configuration influences the wider layer 3 solutions such as IPVPN or Managed Internet services.
- Be part of an on-call rota providing out of hours provisioning and change management of large complex layer 2 and layer 3 customer networks that are time sensitive around managed service interruption.
- Produce and update documentation on customer networks including device configuration and peer review process
- To be able to logically provision and commission on our WDM and TDM platforms from simple to complex build, and to be able to work out of hours alone.
- Must be an excellent communicator with good presentation & communication (written and oral)
- Experience/appreciation of corporate/public customer issues (working in customer focused environment)
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience with dealing with escalations.
- Effectively escalates issues and opportunities to line manager
- Taking ownership of queries and managing through to a prompt resolution
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure best practice and continual improvement in delivery of service to the business
- Establishes productive relationships and networks at an operational level to build and maintain customer relationships
- A thorough knowledge of telecommunication standards and best practices within a technical provisioning role.
- Routing protocols and technologies, to include, but not limited to, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, DHCP, MPLS, DMVPN, VRF-lite, IPSEC and GRE tunneling. A detailed and in-depth knowledge of Quality of Service both 2 tier and 3 tier.
- Configuration of Cisco 877, 887, 1841, 1921, 2951, 3945 and ASR model routers and all legacy devices that remain on a customer network.
- Configuring Alcatel 6250 / 6850 switches, adding NNI and UNI services, creating interfaces to test across the layer 3 and changing port settings.
- Advanced knowledge of circuit provisioning, testing and troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge of TDM and WDM technologies
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.