Your new company
Global telecommunications firm seeking 3 experienced Network Engineers to join the team for a few of their main sites/client sites. Each Network Engineer will be allocated a site to look after and be required to assist all Network related queries. The client is going through a big merger and they need more hands on deck for the project.
Your new role
- Lifecycle manage the Data Centre and Enterprise Network estate – ensuring that EOL/EOS audit & compliance issues are addressed in a timely manner. This covers both hardware and software across various vendors such as; Cisco, Checkpoint & F5, amongst others
- Provide third line support for Operations
- Infrastructure Inventory and deployment activities
- Deliver Infrastructure projects across the LG Data Centre and Enterprise Network estate
- Provide additional resource to the DCT Delivery team where required
- Audit and compliance management
- Support major incidents in hours as well as out of hours as part of a ‘stand by’ rota
- When applicable ensure issues are escalated promptly and with sufficient detail to assess potential feature, timeline and cost impact
- Coordinate end to end testing of engineered solutions before the implementation takes place
- Create and accurately maintain team resource planning
Knowledge & Experience Engineering Design:
- Understand the business requirements and translate these into technical network solutions
- Support the budgeting and spend justification process (Bills of Material, network drawings etc.)
Problem and Compliance Management:
- Deal with major incidents in terms of Tier-3 escalations
- Provide root cause analysis on major incidents and follow up on corrective measures
- Discover and address systematic problems in the network design
- Liaise with the vendors for major incident and problem management
What you’ll need to succeed
- Minimum 5+ years solid networking experience background.
- One or more relevant certifications desired such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CCSA, CCSE, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Data Centres Designs with special focus on IP Networks, Security and Application Delivery Solutions.
- Solid knowledge of Data Centres Foundation Systems and DTV back-end environments.
- Strong knowledge and relevant experience in Cisco routing/switching technologies – ASR & Nexus
- Strong knowledge of Next Generation Firewalls (e.g. Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Cisco)
- Strong knowledge of Load Balancing Solutions (e.g. F5 BIGIP LTM & GTM)
- Experience of Software Defined Networking (SDN) – Cisco ACI
- Knowledge of Cloud networking
- Knowledge of network scripting / automation (Ansible, python)
- Understating of Remote Access Solutions (Connectra, Citrix)
- Good Experience with Unix Systems
- Reverse engineering + Troubleshooting experience
- Experience with writing Low Level Designs, Visio Diagrams
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good interpersonal skills, able communicator
- Team player
- Experience in multinational and multicultural environments
- Independent, confident and project-focused mind-set
What you’ll get in return
Flexible working options available.
Ability to work on a national project with a big telco player
Hands on exposure to Network Operations and Design
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.