An exciting opportunity to join a NFP organisation in the heart of Liverpool, joining a busy networking team to support users across multiple sites across Merseyside.
As Network Engineer you will:
- Work with the Service Desk to resolve network related incidents
- Configure and install switches for the network
- Change and configure devices; Printers, PC’s, AV’s, CCTV and BMS systems
- Carry out switch replacements and upgrades
- Configure and manage a large-scale phone system
- Assist the security team with Firewall practices, managing security vulnerabilities and block devices
- Work with various teams and colleagues across multiple sites
What we are looking for
A confident Network Engineer with a combination of the following skills:
- Demonstrative experience of the above
- Proficient with configuring and installing switches
- Current experience working in a Networking role
- Experience working with vendors such as Juniper, HP and Cisco
- Proficient with Network Monitoring tools and Routing protocols
- DNS & DHCP, Fibre and UTP cable
- Strong people and communication skills – liaising with end users and colleagues well
What you’ll get in return
A salary between £29,000-33,000 – this is dependant on experience and will be pro-rata to reflect the length of contract. This role is a Band 6 – benefits package reflects this.
This role does require travel between sites and therefore a clean UK drivers’ licence is essential. A vehicle and expenses are both provided. What you need to do now
Please click to apply for this role, we welcome your application!
I am a Principal Consultant for Hays Technology, specialising in Infrastructure for the North West. Helping tech professionals develop their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by top talent. My passion for this space stems from my love for learning about the experiences and abilities of people and supporting them on their career journey.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.