Your new company
Experienced Network Engineer required on a permanent basis for a large and transforming public sector organisation based in Leeds. This role will work in a large IT department and will be responsible for supporting the core voice and data network infrastructure.
Your new role
As a Network Engineer you will have extensive experience of supporting and managing all aspects of core infrastructure on a large scale. You will be responsible for providing technical expertise in the development, support and maintenance of wired and wireless technologies and the move to Azure Cloud Services and Zero Trust networking.
You will engage with suppliers, customers and stakeholders of network data and voice infrastructure, providing technical evaluation and input to ensuring the best value. You will be part of the team delivering the future transformation of network infrastructure, enabling the organisation to deliver its digital strategy.
You will have developed in depth knowledge of networking infrastructure, being able to provide 2nd and 3rd line support, primarily acting as a point of technical escalation for colleagues in the team and be involved with associated project work.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience of working as a Network Engineer, providing 2nd and 3rd line support in large complex organisations, providing effective troubleshooting and associated solutions
- Knowledge and awareness of configuring and supporting a Microsoft Azure Networking Infrastructure
- Significant, recent experience of effectively utilising in house and commercial data and voice management tools
- Knowledge of firewalls, IP protocols, WAN, LAN and data centre environments
- Experience of effectively analysing problems and data, presenting solutions, and information in a meaningful and articulate way to a diverse range of technical and non technical stakeholders
- Experience of creating and maintaining detailed technical documents, knowledge articles and a range of information
- Any relevant Cisco, Azure or ITIL certifications would be desirable but not essential
What you’ll get in return
This exciting position is paying up £40,322 negotiable on experience and offers an excellent work life balance including : home working, 30 days annual leave, competitive pension scheme, flexibility, training and development opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.