Your new company
Our client is looking to hire a Network Engineer to provide hands on Network, Voice and Security 3rd level support, design, implementation function to the business whilst ensuring that customer requirements are met effectively both in terms of technical ability and cost.
This will be achieved working alongside cross-functional teams, internal departments and external suppliers. The role is to ensure the smooth operation and security of communication networks in order to provide maximum performance and availability for the organisation, its customers and suppliers.
The role requires someone with experience in a busy support area and has strong knowledge of Cisco networking and other associated technologies plus the accompanying disciplines.
This position will be home-based with travel for meetings in the future, therefore, base location is flexible.
Your new role
- Design, Configure, test, and maintain LAN/WAN/Voice/Security equipment and related services. This includes Firewall, Wi-Fi and switch technologies
- Support all end to end network and voice infrastructure across the business Ensuing that all assigned incidents and requests are managed within agreed SLA’s.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve network and security incidents and problems
- Deliver IT based technical projects as well as Business led projects
- Interface professionally with internal and external clients
- Assist in preparation of proposals and solution presentations
- Engage in the daily operational management of service providers
- Provide Technical Escalation point for complex problems
- BAU Adds/Moves/Changes to the Data Network and Security Estate
- Update and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Pro-active housekeeping and management of the portfolio
- Performance, capacity monitoring and event management of network infrastructure components.
- Maintaining the accuracy and integrity of network configuration items.
- Maintaining Hardware & Software platforms at optimum performance.
- Provide technical reports and proposals as required by Management and Customers within stated deadlines.
- Perform on site audits of equipment, documenting findings, improvements and risks.
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation
- Onsite customer troubleshooting as required
- Ordering of new network / voice equipment and Links
- What you’ll need to succeed
- Working knowledge of Voice & Network Routing, Switching and Resiliency protocols that includes abut are not limited to H323, TDM, DPNSS. DASS2, ISDN30, RIP, OSPF, Layer 2/3, STP, MLT, SMLT, HSRP & BGP
- Working knowledge of Security technologies such as IDS, IPS, VPN’s, and firewall policy management
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
- Working knowledge of MPLS technologies, DNS/DHCP and Network Management
- Practical experience of vendor technologies including, but not limited to Checkpoint firewall, Cisco Catalyst/Nexus, Meraki.
- Cisco ASA Firewall Configuration
- CCNA certified or minimum 3 years equivalent experience working with Voice, Data and Security Technologies
- Contact Centre design – Multi-Channel, IVR, NIVR, Network Plans, Geographic and non-geographic number management and DMA regulatory guidelines
- Experienced in managing Telco’s, Service Providers such as 3rd party maintenance providers
- Proficient in troubleshooting methodologies
- Experience of working in project environments and delivering work packages
- Proficient in document production
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Good Communication & Collaborative skills
- Proficient at time management and prioritisation
- Self-Motivated and conscientious
- Proven ability to nurture and mentor peers
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to articulate ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Keen attention to detail with ability to make sound and logical judgements.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ensures personal technical skills are maintained to support the ever-changing IT world.
- Ability to self-learn new technologies with a can-do attitude
- Ability to challenge themselves and the work they do to ensure he right work load is in the right place. Automate / simplify / standardise where appropriate
What you’ll get in return
We really value our people and offer a friendly, safety first working environment and a competitive salary along with other benefits including; company pension scheme, private healthcare, 25 days hols + bank hols with the option to buy more, home working, share incentive plan, cycle to work scheme, employee benefits online discount platform, onsite parking, onsite canteen + much more.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.