New opportunity for a Network/Cyber Engineer to join Aviva to assist with protecting and managing identities within our complete digital and non-digital estates, across the UK, Ireland, Canada and wider global community.
You would be joining a department responsible for maintaining and evolving Aviva’s infrastructure, software and intellectual property – to stay ahead of cyber threats and to protect internal assets and external customers.
The role is ideal for someone who seeks a challenging position assisting in the provision of perimeter defence for all of Aviva’s global assets.
Responsibilities in the role:
- Provide excellent application development and maintenance services, whilst balancing system availability and the required functionality to our customers within our Akamai estate
- Working with DevOps, Run, and Change teams to ensure the team delivers – in terms of system availability, quality of software engineering and change
- Certification onboarding and renewals, reporting to major incident teams
- Supporting in the perimeter security of external traffic, white listing and black listing
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Proven programme delivery skills using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies (ideally with experience implementing cloud based and physical hosted environments over high volume and highly available systems – desirable)
- Natural curiosity/desire to learn, initiative/self-motivation, and innovation
- Team and customer focused
- Experience in dealing with security aspects of modern internet-facing systems, focusing around, cyber security, ethical hacking, attack vectors, firewalls, authentication, and vulnerability management
Java, Python, Perl, PowerShell, Ruby, Groovy, web technologies (http/https, hashing, certificates, encryption), security services (DDOS, WAF, content delivery), cloud (AWS, Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, Docker, IAM roles), identity &access (ISAM, LDAP), lunix/unix, server automation & scripting, agile/devops, key-stores/certificated authentication, continuous integration, network (dns, tcp/ip, tls, http), Akamai components (properties, certificates, waf, sumologic, luna, security policy design)
What you will get
- Salary of circa £40,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow!
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Ben Parker a call on 07833 239394 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.