BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
The Network Analytics Platform Engineering Management role is intimately involved with prioritizing multiple – frequently conflicting – priorities across the Network Analytics Platform Engineering Product Roadmap priorities. With the help of the product managers, the Network Analytics Platform Engineering Manager intertwines the activities of multiple projects to improve the efficiency of the team and working with the other Product Engineering development managers globally to deliver to our customers both internal and external.
The Network Analytics Platform Engineering Manager is typically from a technical background and can easily work with the Network Analytics Platform Engineering teams at an engineering level, as well as hosting workshops with customers as required.
The Network Analytics Platform Engineering Manager spends time working with the business on planning and preparing for new Product Roadmaps priorities that will soon be consuming the Network Analytics Platform Engineering team. The Network Analytics Platform Engineering Manager will also work with customers as required. The Network Analytics Platform Engineering Manager constantly makes small changes to drive up product quality, or develop a better skill-set in the group.
The Network Analytics Platform Engineering Manager ensures the facilitation of improvements by changing approaches and working practices, typically using recognized models, better practices, standards and methodologies. The Network Analytics Platform Engineering Manager will also provide advice, assistance and leadership in improving the quality of software by focusing on process definition, management, repeatability and measurement.
Ultimately, the Network Analytics Platform Engineering Manager demonstrates communication skills, gaining the respect of others, promotes continuous improvement and is accountable for consistently delivering to our internal and external customers. Being a Network Analytics Platform Engineering Manager encompasses characteristics which are part coach and supporter, part-mentoring, part-project management, part-delivery management and communicating with the external stakeholders both within the broader organization and customers.
The role is Guildford based but we can support applications looking for a partial London office base; please speak to our recruitment team for more information.
3. Common Role Accountabilities
Common role accountabilities include:
- Successfully delivering to agreed Product Roadmap commitments to our internal and external customers;
- Overseeing the Network Analytics Platform Engineering cycle and ensuring outputs are developed to specification within agreed resource and time constraints, and to the required quality standard of our internal and external customers;
- Ensuring that corporate assets, policies, procedures and standards are utilised or re-use where possible;
- Management of resources in order to plan, estimate and carry out work to time, budget and quality targets and in accordance with appropriate standards, methods and procedures;
- Providing advice, assistance and leadership in improving the quality of the Network Analytics Platform, by focusing on process definition, management, repeatability and measurement.
- Monitoring and reporting on the progress of Network Analytics Platform Engineering Product Roadmap priorities, ensuring that work is carried out in accordance with agreed standards, methods and procedures.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating research on alternative technologies, tools and methods.
4. Level Specific Accountabilities
Depending on the particular job being performed, seniority and experience a Network Analytics Platform Engineering manager may typically have a range of these specific accountabilities.
Core engineering- entry level accountabilities
- Keep the Network Analytics Platform Engineering team on track
- Be the ‘cheerleader’ that pumps up the Network Analytics Platform Engineering team, encouraging them to remember the vision, to be a part of greatness, and generally be excited about the work that they’re doing;
- Perform all required Network Analytics Platform Engineering development and delivery management activities and communicating with our to our internal and external customers;
Core engineering – mid-level accountabilities
- Work with the Network Analytics Platform Engineering teams to ensure sufficient processes and tools are in place to meet the requirements of the business and customers and make sure that these processes are being followed and adjusted as needed and align with the defined BAE Systems processes and procedures such as the Engineering Management Framework (EMF);
- Ensuring Engineering measures and metrics are produced for Network Analytics Product Engineering output in line with current EMF expectations;
- Make sure that the Network Analytics Platform Engineering team are communicating with stakeholders appropriately. This tends to mean managing stakeholders directly, as well as making sure the team are checking with the stakeholders about things they don’t fully understand and where they need further guidance;
Core Engineering – top-level accountabilities
- Be the voice of the Network Analytics Platform Engineering team in the business and the business within the Network Analytics Engineering team in a collaborative way;
- Manage the commercial side of Network Analytics Platform Engineering and provide detailed information as required by our internal and external customers;
- Work closely with other stakeholder (to our internal and external customers) and Network Analytics Platform Engineering Team to ensure that ways of working are collaborative and consistent across the organisation;
- Is responsible for all engineering aspects within their area (as per the BU Engineering Director), including reporting to Line Management Reviews
- Ensures that Independent Assurance Reviews take place as agreed in the Delivery and Assurance Plan (AFT013) and that any issues that may affect other Products are formally and promptly identified to their Business Unit Engineering Director
- Drive on-going engineering improvement including the adoption of best practice and to drive continuous improvement in all areas
- Promoting best/good practice, knowledge sharing, and Learning from Experience (LfE)
- Evangelize the solutions, the process, and the Network Analytics Platform Engineering team to business leadership, other stakeholders and to our internal and external customers.
- Be recognised as an expert and point of contact for Network Analytics Platform and people coaching within engineering;
- Define and lead the future direction of Network Analytics Platform Engineering team within the company;
- Contribute to the wider Engineering/Agile community and/or practices both internally and externally to the company;
Delivery/lifecycle management accountabilities
- Product Roadmap planning and prioritisation of resource conflicts, customer requests, support issues;
- Prioritizing multiple, frequently conflicting, priorities across software Network Analytics Platform Engineering Product Roadmap;
- Guiding all Network Analytics Platform Engineering activity through the Engineering lifecycle paying particular care to ensure that all quality processes, gates and controls are followed;
Team leadership accountabilities
- Build a team of professionals with appropriate skills, attitudes and motivation;
- Manage the team;
- Motivate the team;
- Review the performance of team members;
- Identify any training needs of team members;
- Nurture and guide the technical ability of the team members;
- Provide input into the performance reviews of any team members;
- Provide career guidance to the team members;
- Communication with our to our internal and external customers
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Financial Services
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the financial sector is one of the biggest targets for cyber-attacks. Our Financial Services business unit is responsible for all of our clients in the financial sector and handle all areas of these relationships. AI’s Financial Services Division helps banks, insurers and other major financial institutions to combat fraud, unauthorised trading and money laundering, and meets their regulatory compliance obligations.
As a member of the Financial Services business unit, you will be responsible for providing critical services to clients in the financial sector and ensure that we remain a leading name in cyber security. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.