BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
The Defence and Space Business Unit in BAE Systems Applied Intelligence delivers mission focused solutions in cyber & electronic warfare, digital transformation and special communications to clients across Land, Sea, Air, Space and Cyber.
The Navy Digital Services (NDS) Deputy Lead Architect, provides support to the NDS Lead Architect and additional capacity to the NDS Architecture team.
Whilst the NDS Lead Architect is accountable for the overall technical solution being delivered by the programme, the NDS Deputy Lead Architect:
- Represents the NDS Lead Architect when delegated, for example at forums and in reviewing technical documentation
- Acts with the delegated authority of the NDS Lead Architect
- Assists the NDS Lead Architect in the performance of their duties and responsibilities
- Manages and directs the NDS Architecture team as and when appropriate
- Aids with strategic planning of the programme, and with the development and coordination of projects
- Supports delivery activities by providing technical expertise to assist the NDS Lead Architect and Programme Manager with Architecture related planning, budgeting and resourcing considerations
The NDS Deputy Lead Architect is understood to be a blended role, between Solution Architect, Application Architect and Enterprise Architect role descriptions, with more emphasis on the former two.
- Delegated authority for the Lead Architect, absorbing their responsibilities when acting in this capacity.
- Directs the development of multi-disciplinary architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers
- Directs and assures the implementation of the design in collaboration with other design team members such as Application Architects, Infrastructure Architects, System and Software Designers, Data Architects, Security Architects and Functional Architects.
- Leads structured and objective evaluations of candidate solution options, including input to any partnering or subcontracting strategies that may be required to support solution delivery.
- Retains overall ownership of solution through delivery and transition into operation and/or subsequent refinement, or modification
- Management of the Architect team, design baseline and scope changes
- Works with client technical authorities or Enterprise architecture functions to ensure that they have a clear understanding of the architecture and design proposals at an appropriate level, and that environmental and other standards/constraints within the client domain have been considered within designs
- By defining and articulating a technology strategy assure alignment to both AI and customer business strategies
- Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to.
- Produce high-level and low-level designs for application components, employing formal design techniques such as modelling (UML), simulation and modelling where necessary
- Works with Delivery Assurance functions to agree how the quality and progress of a given solution delivery should be tracked, and acts an expert resource to support interventions on projects where solution quality or progress has become an issue.
- Understand and leverage existing BAE organisational experience, IP and expertise in similar providing similar solutions – working with other client teams, marketing, and product and proposition experts to incorporate the reuse of solution elements from multiple service lines.
- Undertake architecture for solutions in response to RFI and RFP requests for clients
- Consult with clients to evolve early solutions
- Provides input into the performance reviews of development staff
- Provides career guidance to development staff
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.