Navigation Algorithm Design Engineer
Either Harlow or Glenrothes
Summary of Role
- Are you interested in developing innovative weapon systems for the UK and our allies?
- Are you interested in giving our war fighters an unfair advantage?
The Raytheon Weapons Business area has several positions available in the area of navigation algorithm development and design. The Navigation Algorithm Design Engineer will apply knowledge of software and hardware related to integrated Inertial Navigation System (INS) / Global Positioning System (GPS) navigation products. The engineer will be involved in the design, analysis, integration, and test of INS/GPS subsystems for weapons applications.
The Navigation Algorithm Design Engineer is responsible for:
- Development and implementation of navigation algorithms and software, modelling and simulation of hardware/software navigation components.
- Requirements and interface definition
- Hardware/software integration testing
- Flight performance analysis.
- The engineer will develop solutions to complex problems that require application of advanced technical principles.
The role also includes:
- Developing and growing the Raytheon UK understanding and capability in the Guidance, Control & Navigation discipline
- Work with the USA and UK customer to develop new guidance solutions for existing and future Weapons Systems
- Work with international colleagues to create a local capability within Raytheon UK
- Relevant experience working with some of the following: flight dynamics, aerodynamics, sensors or actuators
- Relevant experience with applicable algorithms (Guidance & Control, Navigation, Data Fusion etc)
- A relevant degree or similar level of qualification in a STEM subject with a strong mathematical background, although not essential with demonstrable relevant experience
- Capable of working with a small team, and growing the capability
- Flexibility and desire to travel for work (mostly to the USA).
Desirable Education, Skills and Experience:
- Optimal guidance theory, trajectory shaping, estimation theory, analysis of random processes
- Knowledge of system engineering design methods including requirements analysis and flow down, specification derivation and interface control documentation
- Airborne RADAR systems including RF signal processing and tracking algorithms
- Experience in the development of modelling and simulation tools, particularly Covariance Analysis or Monte Carlo Analysis using six degree of freedom (6-DOF) simulations
- Experience developing or modifying MATLAB and C/C++ software
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and other engineering disciplines
- Experience of working with complex aircraft type programmes
- Experience of working within the UK Defence Industry
- Experience and knowledge of EASA Part 145 and Part M regulations
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Eligible for or holder of current SC level security clearance (Raytheon will sponsor as required)
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women’s Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists, Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by req ID: 185901BR
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.