We would love you to be a part of building great new innovative ways to engage with new and existing customers, on a portfolio of products that reach out to 17 million customers. It’s never been more important for us to hire fantastic people into our awesome digital teams who sit at the forefront of delivering our strategy.
Within Aviva Digital we approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set, focused on delivering small, value driven enhancements often. We achieve that with our scrum teams that include developers, testers, BAs and Solution Designers to create brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products to improve code quality against our core development principles.
We are looking for two Mobile Developers to join our Mobile Platform, working within a dedicated scrum team on our key mobile apps such as MyAviva.
Your role will be to further evolve the platform, integrate new features & sustain our culture of continuous improvement both from a process and technical perspective.
We must ensure that:
- You concentrate on building working software
- When the code leaves development it is production ready
- If you change code, you only ever make it better: Ratchet
- SOLID/KISS principles are followed
- Frequently deliver high value features
- Automated testing is utilised to ensure quality is maintained
- Agile techniques such as BDD are used to ensure the whole team is involved in delivering the right solution to customers
- We are constantly innovating what is possible on Mobile to deliver new and exciting experiences to our users
We’re particularly interested in:
- Experienced and confident developers who want to develop great products, specifically with experience using Xamarin Native for both iOS and Android
- Bringing people on board who are able to demonstrate commercial experience in building C# MVVM mobile applications using Xamarin
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, such as Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Code Analysis software
- Strong experience of developing responsive UI for both mobile and tablet
- Source Code Management (Azure DevOps)
- Experience in consuming RESTful APIs
- People with an agile way of thinking and a proven track record of developing and delivering great stuff on a frequent basis
What will you get for this role?
- Salary circa £40,000 dependant on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions!
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Just send us an email once you’ve applied stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.