The PwC purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems – something which informs the work we do and the clients we work with.
Our culture is one where we all feel empowered to be the best we can be, embracing change and opportunities in a technology driven world. This is underpinned by a strong partnership ethos creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels valued, and they bring their whole self to work. Together, we demonstrate the behaviours that ensure high quality is at the heart of everything we do for the benefit of our people, clients, and community.
In the short term, this means taking learnings from COVID-19 and continuing to work together to adapt and lead in a blended working environment. Longer term, this means reinforcing our position as a trusted employer through promoting everyday inclusion, care and wellbeing, focusing on encouraging the behaviours that will maintain and improve the high quality standards that underpin our brand and developing a growth mindset that supports us all to embrace change and learning, enabling our firm to be flexible and stay relevant to our clients.
There is more to PwC than meets the eye. While the firm is famous for accountancy, we have long established expertise in many areas of business including business recovery, cyber security, economics and policy, private business, sustainability and climate change,consulting, deals, people and organisation and assurance.
Marketing & Media sits within our Risk practice. The experience, expertise and insight we provide our clients with is an invaluable safeguard in today’s complex operating environment. We work with advertisers to deliver business control to help them protect and strengthen every aspect of their marketing and media performance.
About Marketing & Media
Based in Embankment Place in London, our Marketing & Media team has ~50 people in London and 400+ experienced marketing and media personnel worldwide.
Our team includes senior ex-marketers, ex-agency leaders, ex-programmatic traders, retail / customer data scientists, marketing econometricians, and privacy lawyers who have worked in publishing and advertising, all combined with the core skills for which PwC is renowned; process / controls / assurance / data / technology.
It is this blend of capability and skills which we believe makes our proposition unique and compelling. We are a neutral, truly independent party committed to delivering trust and transparency across the marketing ecosystem. Our services cover customer data insight, marketing effectiveness, media assurance auditing, media advisory, audience reporting, campaign delivery, data privacy, and audits of media supply chains.
About the role
We work with advertisers to help manage their media investments and their agency relationships, by aligning interests of all parties. Our rapidly growing client base comprises advertisers, media owners, ad-tech providers, agencies and industry bodies in the UK, and across 10 centres of excellence globally and 150+ PwC offices worldwide.
We are unique in the market in that our business is built from a basis of professional standards that any client would expect from PwC – characterised by the relentless pursuit of completeness, accuracy, and first hand verification of all information and data – allied to specialist marketing and media skills across all channels.
As a ‘Senior Associate – Marketing Effectiveness’ in PwC’s award winning Marketing & Media’ team, you will perform hands-on advanced marketing analytics (including but not limited to MMM) with exposure to local and global clients, across a range of sectors including retail, consumer, real estate, financial services, etc. You will work closely with team members in a highly collaborative environment to execute statistical analyses related to the impact of marketing, sales channel effectiveness, and macroeconomic factors to fuel optimization decision making for the client and its agency partners.
You will also have access to varied types of work across marketing, including customer insight via machine learning and AI, as well as our other marketing transformation and governance services. The majority of your role will be delivering for our clients, but you will also be involved in growing our marketing effectiveness proposition through business development material and thought leadership.
This person will play a key role in supporting our econometrics proposition team (a.k.a. Marketing Effectiveness) in delivering our best in class MMM / econometric solution, through activities such as:
- Capture data across disparate sources and be manage the data harmonization process for on-going reporting
- Analyse complex analytic data sets and results and understand/diagnose potential quality issues and anomalies
- Development of statistical models to evaluate the impact of different marketing tactics
- Creation of presentations and manage delivery quality to the client and all key stakeholders
- Communicate results to clients and other key stakeholders in an effective manor and be comfortable addressing questions on methodology
- Working with managers to improve model science, data cleaning integrity, and project process efficiency
- Being part of the business development team (incl. Identify scope, creation of proposals, presenting to potential clients, etc.)
As part of the wider Marketing & Media team, additional responsibilities and activities may arise; illustrative examples of these include:
- Propose data science problem solving approaches, and co-create approaches to meet user needs with clients and colleagues
- Prototype, test and improve new data science models, and work with colleagues to deploy your models, to document and present them to business users, and to retain ownership of them in production
- Helping develop new solutions to take to clients across digital media, martech and programmatic
- Working with and supporting advertisers and their agencies to strengthen their relationship through: i) media assurance audits; ii) the media agency pitch process; iii) implementing best in class contractual terms; etc.
Who we are looking for
One of our stated goals is to help the advertising and marketing industry rebuild trust and establish a future which is open, fair and transparent for all parties. We are looking for an individual who is motivated by helping clients better understand their marketing effectiveness; what the ROI is of different marketing and media activities, and how to optimise their marketing budgets.
- Graduates and postgraduates in statistics or econometrics with 3-4 years of work experience
- A good understanding of marketing activities, covering both traditional and digital advertising (including some or all of paid search, paid social, addressable TV, programmatic etc)
- Deep understanding of multivariate statistics, advanced regression analysis, advanced time series modeling (SSM, ARIMA, and VAR modeling) and forecasting principles
- Hands-on experience working with complex data sets using statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS or R
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and communications skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to explain and present the findings of technical work to non-expert audiences
- End to end project delivery with a proven ability to handle multiple project commitments simultaneously
- Familiar with visualisation software (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
Additional beneficial skills and experience, include:
- Professional record demonstrating business impact; domain experience in areas such as customer analytics, CRM, customer acquisition and retention, marketing effectiveness, consumer sentiment and retail businesses will be beneficial.
- VBA experience is a plus
- A good understanding of digital advertising, paid search, paid social, ad ops, addressable TV, programmatic trading and ad ops
- Technical expertise in data science, statistical modelling and/or machine learning, with fluency with Python machine learning and data science packages (Scikit-learn, Apache Spark, DASK, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Strong agency holding company familiarity, with an understanding of agency planning and internal tools
The broader skills we look for in future employees
Specialist skills aside, all our people also need to demonstrate the behaviours and attitude to help us deliver our business goals – something we call the ‘The PwC Professional’.
The PwC Professional focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, technical and digital, business acumen, global and inclusive, and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop and assess our people, at all grades and all areas of our business, because we expect all of our people to be leaders.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business.
As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.