Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as private dental & healthcare. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme which operates a double match
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
In the position of Manufacturing Engineering Lead, you will take responsibility for a number of Manufacturing Engineers organized into sub-teams, comprising of manufacturing system engineers and module support engineers. You will be a skilled people manager, organising and managing groups of technical contributors to achieve business objectives. You will have responsibility for supporting production areas and delivering project work packages, overseeing the commissioning of these work packages from across your area of responsibility, ensuring the technical quality of work packages adheres to product, safety, quality, delivery, cost and compliance requirements. This will include management of manufacturing system improvement projects, coordinating the team to drive manufacturing system transformations and new technology introductions to improve value stream performance. The Lead Manufacturing Engineer flows down policy deployment objectives and initiatives for policy deployment for their team. You will manage the customer interface for your value stream, in addition to providing technical guidance and leadership to your area. This role will provide you with the opportunity to work with a number of senior business professionals, so effective communication is crucial.
In this role you will:
- Manage and coordinate a team of technical contributors to achieve policy deployment objectives, as well as supporting ongoing module operations, Supporting and flowing down business strategy through policy deployment and objective setting for your team.
- You will be responsible for the development and execution of annual value stream and manufacturing engineering plans of work that will meet agreed objectives and KPIs, your will manage the delivery of work (directly or indirectly) through specialist teams.
- Responsible for defining ME resource requirements to be able to deliver products and hit Improvement Targets (ITs), and support the recruitment of manufacturing engineering staff
- You will have responsibility for supporting production areas and delivering project work packages, overseeing the commissioning of these work packages from across your area of responsibility, ensuring the technical quality of work packages adheres to product, safety, quality, delivery, cost and compliance requirements.
- Be responsible for continuously driving best practice across the manufacturing areas, setting high standards and leading by example
- You will drive team performance, motivating team members to achieve or exceed expectations, creating a performance culture of integrity, respect, honesty and trust.
- You will manage, support and review the performance of manufacturing engineering staff, ensuring engineers are meeting agreed objectives and KPI’s. This will involve the evaluation of performance to include, performance related increases, job transfers, promotions, performance management and dismissals.
- You will drive team development, supporting training, increasing competence in your area of responsibility, in additional to supporting succession planning activities
- Be responsible for the management of risks/issues to achieving business objectives
- Provide leadership, commitment and support, driving continuous improvement activities, new product introduction activities, and new technology and manufacturing system activities, improving safety, quality, productivity and delivery performance for the value stream.
- Be responsible for representing Manufacturing Engineering in value stream business review/project reviews, communicating to and informing senior business stakeholders of progress against business/project objectives.
- Ensure that documentation and/ or system transactions are executed, meeting customer, manufacturing system and financial reporting requirements.
- Lead the customer/supplier interface for manufacturing engineering related discussions or visits.
- You will own the processes for the value stream, ensuring all staff adhere to the process to deliver the required level of quality.
- You will lead multi-functional teams to resolve unusually complex problems, supporting and guiding your team.
- You will also interpret, execute and manage modifications to manufacturing engineering policies and procedures in line with corporate requirements, and ensure business, statutory and regulatory compliance changes are flowed down, understood and complied within the area of responsibility
- You will manage the customer interface for your value stream, in addition to providing technical guidance and leadership to your area.
Skills and Experience
- Project Management experience
- Experience of Aerospace manufacturing/assembly and test
- Understanding of manufacturing concepts / processes
- HNC or equivalent experience in Mechanical or Production Engineering
- Good Information technology skills including the use of Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
Travel to suppliers when necessary will be required. We are a flexible working employer and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.