Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer Industrial Placement
Time Commitment: 37 hours a week
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Closing Date: 4th February 2022
Start Date: 4th July 2022
Vacancy Type: Student – Sandwich/Industrial Work Placement
Salary: £20,000 per annum
To provide effective and efficient support to the Operations value stream, helping to ensure that products are delivered to customer on time, to the correct quality in a safe manner.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Providing day to day support to Operations, helping to ensure that safety, quality and output targets are met for a given area of the Banbury facility
- Authoring, implementing and maintaining a robust ‘standard work’ process deck that meets stringent quality management system requirements
- Ensuring manufacturing methods and processes within the facility are capable of meeting requirements for quality, delivery rate, cost and lead time
- Developing, improving and providing innovation to the manufacturing process, including the trial and implementation of new technologies
- Supporting quality issue investigations, quickly providing robust containment actions and conducting root cause analysis to implement permanent corrective actions
- Supporting new product introduction activities, ensuring that new capabilities / methods are at the required level of readiness for production
Personal Characteristics/ Qualifications
- Current undergraduate studying an engineering related degree.
- An understanding of manufacturing systems, production flow lines and the introduction of new technologies
- Technically competent with the ability to read engineering drawings and reports, and metrology results
- An awareness of current EH&S legislation
- Knowledge of Lean principles and quality problem solving tools
- Experience with CAD packages
- Self-motivated with excellent time management and organisation skills
- Flexible approach, calm under pressure and responsive to change
- Good interpersonal and people management skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Operates with the highest level of personal integrity.
- Computer literate; familiar with general PC software (e.g. Windows, MS Office)
This is a great opportunity to broaden your personal development and experience exciting challenges. If you’re interested in a Manufacturing Engineer Work Placement with Collins Aerospace, we would love to hear from you.
IMPORTANT: Candidates must be able to commit to the full 12 month placement (apart from the 25 days annual holiday).
Your application will go through a variety of selection methods which may result in an interview. Please note that as we find suitable candidates we will no longer accept applications for this opportunity so we suggest you apply as early as possible to have the best chance of success!
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.