Job Title: Manufacturing Development Engineer Industrial Placement Student
Time Commitment: 37 hours a week
Closing Date: 4th February 2022
Start Date: July 2022
Vacancy Type: Student – Sandwich/Industrial Work Placement
Salary: £20,000 per annum
The manufacturing development engineering placement student role will offer a variety of opportunities involving process improvement, tooling and fixture design, automation, and other related manufacturing engineering-related activities.
The placement student will typically work alongside one or more engineers to complete a variety projects or tasks.
- The placement student will be allocated a project at the start of the placement that they will be required to complete.
- Create or modify 3D models from 2D drawings, pictures, measurements of actual objects, or other sources of information
- Create or modify process instructions, including standard operating procedures and part/process specific instructions
- Determine tools or equipment to use to achieve manufacturing or process goals
- Liaise with external suppliers
- Comply with all safety regulations and rules
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Participate in prototype manufacturing activities
A key part of this role will require the candidate to be hands on within the research and development manufacturing cell.
Candidates must be working towards either a bachelors or master’s degree in an engineering related discipline. Alternatively, applications from time served apprentices looking to gain further industrial experience will also be positively considered.
The role will best suit candidates that are looking to gain industrial experience in a fast-paced research and development environment.
The ideal candidate will be.
- Detail Orientated
This is a great opportunity to broaden your personal development and experience exciting challenges. If you’re interested in a Manufacturing Development Engineering Work Placement with Collins Aerospace, we would love to hear from you.
IMPORTANT: Candidates must be able to commit to the full 12 month placement (apart from the 25 days annual holiday).
Your application will go through a variety of selection methods which may result in an interview. Please note that as we find suitable candidates we will no longer accept applications for this opportunity so we suggest you apply as early as possible to have the best chance of success! Good Luck!
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.