Winnersh, United Kingdom
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
We’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defence. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently seeking an experienced Programme Manager to join our team located in Winnersh, UK.
The Programme Manager (Value Stream Leader) will work within the Europe/Middle East International Integrated Solutions (IIS) Value Stream, a division Integrated Solutions which is part of Collins Aerospace’s Mission Systems strategic business unit.
The candidate will be responsible for leading allocated GJFS programmes that that are contracted out of Winnersh, United Kingdom and will carry full Value Stream Management (VSM) responsibilities that include:
- Pursuit leadership through to contract award in conjunction with our Sales and Marketing groups.
- Complete execution to a contract that may include delivery of materials (software and hardware) and associated services.
- Management of transition of programmes to a support & service phase, led by other divisions.
In particular, the post requires the leadership, planning, organisation, direction and coordination of programme management activities and functional departmental activities in multiple locations and our various suppliers and customers.
The candidate will need to consider the development of new business in conjunction with our Sales and Marketing groups and the achievement of on-time and on-budget execution in an ethical and professional manner.
- Accountable for achieving contract cost, schedule and performance goals
- To assist in developing and capturing new business and growing the business in line with strategic intent
- To seek out efficiency savings as part of our Lean methodology.
- To lead the wider delivery team with energy and enabling them to excel
- To generate and maintain excellent customer affinity
Skills and Experience:
- Substantial project management experience
- Understanding of project management disciplines and their application including:
- Risk management, mitigation and costing methodologies
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Scheduling with Integrated Master Schedules/GANTT systems
- Key artefacts to define the project (PMP)
- Proficiency with Earned Value metrics, their derivation and interpretation
- Appreciation of customer needs and relationships with ability to lead the customer community
- Able to undertake international travel as required
- Good knowledge of company procedures and processes typical for the sector
- Proven track record in delivering against business objectives
- Fluent in business English
- Experience in the defence industry as a supplier to government customers
- No known impediment to gaining/maintaining clearance within regional market.
- Fluent with Microsoft Project and other Microsoft Office suite applications
- Understanding of business management information systems (i.e. SAP or equivalent)
- Familiarity with export rules (i.e. ITAR) and the typical types of export (i.e. TAA)
- Proven ability to lead and direct multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix environment
- Strong appreciation of business practices in support of strategic planning and financial accounting actions
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Proven and relevant technical background
- Project management qualifications (i.e. PRINCE) with PMI, APM, IPMA or equivalent
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Flexible working
• 25 days of vacation
• Competitive pay package
• Company pension plan
• Corporate health insurance
• Career Development Opportunities
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibilities.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace, in accordance with our ‘Baseline Security’ requirements, will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business. These relate to positions where access to export controlled items, (e.g., Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and Collins IT Systems may apply. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.