KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax, Pensions & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
As a firm we help our clients navigate their biggest issues and opportunities. We aim to be universally recognised as a great place for great people to do their best work – a firm known for our collaborative and inclusive culture. And we will take pride in driving lasting, positive change in society.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The Technology in M&A team at KPMG is a growing and dynamic team. We deal with all aspects of the technology function, from strategy, cloud, digital, technology spend, etc. We work with both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal technology issues.
Our three key client proposition areas are:
1) Due diligence: Highlighting key risks and opportunities in the target’s technology environment in order to ensure that acquirers are aware of key issues that may impact valuation.
2) Integration: Planning pre and post deal to support the client to integrate the technology function and systems into the buyer’s organisation while enhancing value.
3) Separation: Supporting vendors to plan and deliver a credible, discrete standalone entity on Day 1 to the buyer with value preserved and business continuity ensured from a technology perspective including support to define and implement transitional service agreements.
In this role, you will work on projects closely alongside senior members of the team, who will provide guidance and insight into the deal environment, enabling you to build your transactions knowledge and further develop your technology skills base.
Your responsibilities will include:
– Leading small to medium sized engagements and being the day to day support for clients on these engagements
– Contributing to and reviewing technology related deal and transaction reports
– Analysing and data mapping to comment on the technology of the business including cost, products and systems and technology contracts
– Providing insights on technology aspects of the deal that are relevant to the client and readers of the technology due diligence reports and explaining issues simply, highlighting the impact of technology on business strategy, operations and, ultimately, deal valuation.
– Developing an understanding of technology benchmark and qualitative information to provide insights to clients to describe a typical technology function
– Contributing content for sections of reports/deliverables
Integration & Separation
– Advising on technology aspects of integration, separation (carve outs) and optimisation initiatives (e.g. synergy analysis) including the development of target operating models, understanding the current IT landscape, defining transitional service agreements, developing detailed plans, and supporting the implementation of such plans.
– Lead the technology workstream in integrations and separations within a larger team of Integration & Separation colleagues, working and supporting the client workstream leads to fulfil their workstream objectives
– Facilitation and leading key client workshops and meetings
– Identification or review of client synergies for technology within a larger team
– Interacting with senior client stakeholders as well as internal stakeholders (KPMG Partners and Directors) and understand stakeholder management, external and internal
– Responsibility for ensuring engagement management protocols are followed and kept up to date including quality and risk management
– When you are not working on a project, you will provide support to senior colleagues in a number of different aspects such as preparation of proposal materials, development of propositions etc.
– You will also be aligned to an area of practice development to support the building out of new revenue streams or internal propositions
You will be responsible for managing small teams and workstreams on projects as well as developing junior team members skills and capabilities on internal initiatives and in client facing work. You will also take on performance management responsibilities for junior team members.
You will be the point of contact for key clients on projects and must be able to build strong relationships externally and internally. You will also be responsible for managing upwards for project leaders and will have to understand what requires escalation and when.
You will be responsible for managing risk on smaller projects and for taking the lead on engagement management.
– A good understanding of, or preferably a background in IT/technology, ideally in a M&A environment
– Technology specialism such as: IT strategy, applications, infrastructure, architecture, cyber security
– Programme management experience and track record of successful delivery of projects
– Fluency in a European language beneficial
– Comfort with ambiguity, fluid consulting situations and a highly pressured environment which characterise transactions
– Ability to work well under pressure, learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations
– Working within a team which includes both colleagues and client members of staff
– Leading and facilitation of client meetings and interviews
– Leading / working within a team which includes both colleagues and client members of staff
– Facilitation of and leading client workshops
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.