A career in our Risk Consulting practice, within General Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the worldâ€™s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage. In Risk, youâ€™ll help clients to protect their brand and enhance their commercial performance by capitalising on every business opportunity while minimising risks.The role
We are seeking Managers to join our UK Risk Consulting Team, based in London and on client sites, with risk management, frameworks, risk data and risk technology expertise along with wider experience in Finance, Treasury and/or cross-functional capabilities such as capital management and stress testing.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll deliver complex risk and regulatory transformation client engagements from strategy through to implementation to results. You will have line management responsibility for junior team members and interact directly with client stakeholders, often owning specific deliverables on assignments. Your role will also include supporting internal proposition and thought leadership development on industry specific offerings, and supporting the sales process through proposal development.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate that they can manage multiple tasks on projects and have the capacity to take on greater responsibilities as they develop within the firm. They should be of an intellectually curious mindset and interested in continually developing their professional and technical skills.Â We would expect you to gain a broad range of experience before deciding whether to specialise in a specific area. Many projects give you the opportunity to work in multidisciplinary teams or with people from our network firms overseas.
Risk transformation is an ongoing focus area for many of our clients, in particular understanding how best to exploit new technologies (such as transitioning to cloud and leveraging new AI/analytics capabilities) and take advantage of emerging leading practices to improve financial performance and gain competitive advantage.Â Specifically this will include helping clients improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management across the enterprise, through advanced technology and data analytics, enabling process digitisation, capabilities transformation and managing the risks of pivoting to new digital and FinTech ecosystems.Â It will also include helping clients to optimise their existing risk infrastructure and operating model, whilst recognising the changes required to reflect the growing importance of non-financial risks (such as cyber, climate and third party risks). We are looking for people to join us who are excited by being at the cutting edge of transformational change in financial services and have relevant experience in one or more of these areas.
- Work experience or strong knowledge of a number of risk areas:
- Financial and/or non-financial risk management frameworks and risk operating models
- Credit Risk
- Market Risk
- Capital and Liquidity
- Risk and data architecture
- Knowledge of the risk technology vendor landscape (including cloud)
- Data governance (including data strategy and data quality management)
- Data analytics and visualisation
- Experience or knowledge of digitisation or innovation strategies for risk management, such as the adoption of advanced analytics and modelling capabilities, or the shift to cloud native 3 rd party solutions.
- Knowledge of Risk Reporting and MI projects, including knowledge of key regulatory reporting requirements (e.g. Corep, Finrep, Anacredit, Stress Testing).
- Knowledge of regulatory change programmes (e.g. BCBS 239, Basel III/ IV, MiFID 2, FRTB, IBOR).
- Relevant consulting / advisory experience in Banking and Capital Markets, Asset Management and/or Insurance, with involvement in project management and delivery.
- Experience of change or transformation programmes, including working in an Agile environment, within the Risk function of large FS firms would be a benefit.
- Direct experience of working in a relevant role in industry would be a benefit.
Required skills and qualifications
- You will be educated to bachelor degree level or equivalent within a related area, such as business, finance, economics or accounting.
- Have strong business and technical analysis skills.
- Have strong project and financial management skills.
- Have a logical and quantitative mind-set, with the ability to demonstrate a structured approach to problem solving.
- Have strong technical, problem identification and analytical skills – with demonstrable experience in at least one of these areas.
- Ambitious and self-motivated with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrate that you stay abreast of industry and technology developments.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Have the potential to develop strong people management, client handling and development skills, including interpersonal sensitivity and influencing skills.
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.