Location: This role can be based in any of our UK office locations.
ITS Global (Information Technology Services Global) is one of four pillars within KPMG’s Global Technology & Knowledge group. As such, ITS Global provides innovative components that KPMG’s business functions and member firms use to deliver client-facing solutions. ITS Global also provides the information protection and technology infrastructure that secures KPMG’s technology environment and connects its network of member firms. ITS Global works with the other GT&K pillars to provide KPMG technology solutions that leverage world-leading partnerships, disruptive digital capabilities and access to the firm’s collective intelligence.
KPMG’s Information Protection Group (IPG) helps defend KPMG and its clients from cyber-attack, through timely detection, investigation and remediation of potential threats.
The lead of MSS Engineering is responsible for overseeing all the engineering tasks associated with any technology components of the MSS (Managed Security Services) services and collaboratively with a variety of service stakeholders and vendors to continuously identify improvements, drive efficiency, and ensure the service KPI’s are being met.
The Head of MSS Engineering, will be part of a team working in a fast paced environment driving enablement, performance, service maturity and reliability of the managed security services on Physical and Cloud platforms, as well as all service components associated with the services provided by the IPG Managed Security Services.
Reporting to the Head of MSS.
– Responsible for ensuring technology issues related to MSS are dealt with in a timely manner.
– Responsible for providing technical input into the MSS overall strategy.
– Offers innovative solutions that meet business needs while remaining cost effective.
– Manages and assesses the performance of personnel.
– Adhere to strict Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions.
– Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
– Deliver an excellent customer service
– Ensure leadership are aware of all issues
– 25% Projects being managed for service improvements to MSS are meeting timelines, adhering to budgets, and assigning staff members.
– 25% Responsible for all aspects of the technologies required to support MSS services.
– 15% Identify, liaise and manage any escalated faults with Product Management and 3rd party suppliers for major incidents, network improvements or correction of recurring problems
– 15% Co-ordinate with various vendors, other KPMG teams and business stakeholders on work related to design and setup activities at different stages of a technical project.
– 10% Custodian of all the necessary documentation for all system designs, builds and modifications.
– 10% Responsible for tracking skills levels with the engineering team is correct to support current and future needs, providing insights into necessary training requirements for their team.
Technical Skills & Qualifications
– Solid technical background in a hosted services environment – physical and cloud infrastructure, networks, hardware and software.
– Established knowledge of Azure cloud, as well as a good level of knowledge of AWS & Google cloud.
– Knowledge of and working with automated monitoring tools and SOAR platforms
– Broad understanding of the roles of and relationships between infrastructure typical in a corporate IT environment including authentication technologies, servers, storage arrays, backup technologies, web applications, email/ calendaring/messaging services, voice applications, etc.
– Solid understanding of log management (format, storage, transport, etc.) and different types of log sources.
– Understanding of security vulnerabilities in common operating systems, web and applications, including knowledge of remediation procedures.
– Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Information Technology) or equivalent experience.
– Demonstrable experience as a manager responsible for managing services on a global scale.
– Understanding of managing a Global Security Operations Centre, Vulnerability Management and Firewall service.
– Excellent written and oral communications. Experience working with vendors and various solution providers
– Able to effectively process, prioritise and respond to multiple data points (e.g., alerts, incidents, issues) simultaneously and to maintain focus on overarching issue status and outcomes in a high-pressured environment.
– Ability to, with aid of documentation and monitoring systems, diagnose root causes of issues in a complex networked systems and applications infrastructure.Experience & Knowledge
– System administration and ITIL processes experience is essential so that MSS can operate smoothly within the KPMG Global CM ITIL methodology.
– Excellent ability to make appropriate and informed decisions in a time-pressured situation.
– Experience of working with outsourced support groups.
– Knowledge of the M365 security tooling suite
– Knowledge of Azure and O365 management and security logging capabilities.
– Understanding of content management and writing detection logic on SIEM platformsKey demonstrable competencies
– Apply a strategic perspective: Uses diverse sets of inputs to develop a broad perspective on business and people issues
– Build collaborative relationships: Connects with individuals, teams and organizations to build lasting, collaborative relationships that enable global, firm-wide growth
– Foster innovation: Embraces a culture of innovation and experimentation to create value
– Drive quality: Delivers high-quality products and exceptional service that provide value and exceed client expectations
– Develop and motivate others: Engages teams, instills confidence, and coaches people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.