Software engineer – Data science
We are seeking engineers with experience in developing solutions in the data science domain.
Â You will
- Â Work with data scientists and engineers to accelerate machine learning models into production
- Contribute to all aspects of the ML lifecycle i.e. model deployment, monitoring and validation, and champion best practices for model testing;
- Help optimise the performance, architecture, and resilience of data science models and their deployment infrastructure;
- Gather requirements for new features and update stakeholders on progress.
- Continuously develop your own machine learning and engineering skills, and help others to improve theirs;
- Â Contribute to the company’s culture through code reviews and design discussions.
- Python and relevant machine learning (Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, etc.) and ML lifecycle management libraries i.e. MLflow;
- GCP (BigQuery, Kubernetes, Docker) or similar (AWS, Azure);
- Test-driven development and version control (git). Requirements
- Masterâ€™s or PhD in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or a similar discipline;
- Experience in a DevOps role, ideally in a Data Science environment;
- Knowledgeable around software concepts;
- High proficiency in Python, including coding, testing, packaging and deployment;
- Experience building and deploying data pipelines, e.g. in the context of ETL and ML applications;
- Proven interest in Data Science (e.g. industry experience or personal projects) and working on Machine Learning projects
- Familiar with Data Science and ML libraries (e.g. pandas, scikit-learn) and tracking tools (e.g. MLFlow)
- Ability to independently specify and deliver your own work;
- Ability to define tasks clearly, estimating timings and efforts;
- Experience in collaborating with people with different expertise to orchestrate shared solutions;
- An ability and desire to learn new skills quickly;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills enabling you to clearly communicate complex ideas to peers as well as the wider business.
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.