Level 3 Cyber Security Practices Fully funded bootcamp by Liverpool Region Combined Authority
The course aims to assist students in having a better grasp of current information and system security technology practices, learning the security measures and protections while also preparing them for the real-world cyber security job market.
What is Cyber Security?
Cyber security involves techniques that help secure various digital components, networks, data, computer systems from non-authorized digital access.
What new skills will you acquire in Cyber Security?
- Learners will gain an understanding of cyber security and the consequences and implications of
- inadequate cyber security.
- You will understand threat models and the effects of malicious software
- Learners will gain an understanding of common types of testing in cyber security including
- mitigations following testing
- Learners will gain an understanding of the legislation surrounding cyber security.
What new career opportunities does this course provide?
- Completing the course leads you to many possibilities, you will be able to enter the cyber industry with the knowledge, skills, and understanding needed for roles such as:
- Junior Security Software Developer
- Junior Cyber Security Analyst
- Junior Penetration Tester
- Junior Cyber Network Engineer
- Key Information
- Start date: 16th January 2023
- Duration: 12 Weeks
- Course type: Part-time
- Timetable: Monday to Thursday, 6.00 pm to 9.00pm
- Delivery: Online (tutor-led classes)
- Level: 3
- Funding: FREE as it is funded by Liverpool Combined Authority
- Certificates: NCFE Level 3 Certificate
- – Live in Liverpool
- – Living in the UK for a minimum of 3 years
- – You must be over 19
- – Level 2 English and Maths required or studying towards
- Career Advice
- Student and Tutor Support
- By completing the course, you will have access to many opportunities. Having the knowledge and skills will enable you to enter the cyber industry.
- Unit 01: Understand cyber security principles
- Understand cyber security
- Understand core terminology and key aspects of cyber security
- Understand security by design principles
- Unit 02: Threat intelligence in cyber security
- Understand cyber threat intelligences
- Understand threat models
- Understand malicious software
- Know about social engineering
- Unit 03: Cyber security testing, vulnerabilities and controls
- Understand common types of testing in cyber security
- Be able to reduce or remove potential cyber security vulnerabilities
- Understand controls in cyber security
- Be able to apply a cyber security control
- Unit 04: Cyber security incident response
- Understand what is meant by a cyber security incident response plan
- Be able to develop a cyber security incident response plan
- Be able to develop an incident post mortem report
- Unit 05: Understand legislation and ethical conduct within cyber security
- Understand legislation relating to cyber security
- Understand information security standards
- Understand ethical conduct within cyber security
- Unit 06: Professional skills and behaviors for cyber security
- Understand behaviours required for a career in cyber security
- Be able to identify skills required for a career in cyber security
- Understand the importance of continuous professional development
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.