Level 3 Certificate in Cyber Security Practices Fully funded by West Yorks Combined Authority
Netcom Training is offering YOU an exceptional opportunity to access a Level 3 certificated learning programme in Cyber Security Practices.
As part of this FREE programme, you will gain valuable experience from experts in the field, who will guide you through and teach you a range of topics including: understanding intelligence threats, vulnerabilities, controls and professional behaviours required within the industry.
As a FREE add on, Netcom Training will give you access to ‘Scrum Master’- a widely recognised professional project management tool.
As if that is not enough, Netcom Trainings in house employment team will provide one to one support with CV and interview techniques and assist you through employment opportunities.
What is Cyber Security?
Cyber security involves techniques that help secure various digital components, networks, data, computer systems from non-authorised digital access.
What new skills will you acquire in Cyber Security?
As part of the program, you will acquire knowledge and skills related to cyber security practices which will enable learners to either go into employment or further study in this field.
- Threat intelligence in cyber security
- Understand legislation and ethical conduct within cyber security
- Understand cyber security practices
- Professional skills and behaviours for cyber security
- Cyber security testing, vulnerabilities and controls
- Cyber security incident response
What career opportunities does this course provide?
Through this course, learners will be able to consolidate their knowledge of Cyber Security alongside gaining practical skills that could be used to enhance their employment prospects.
- Security Software Developer
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Cyber Network Engineer
Start date: 16th January 2023
Duration: 12 weeks
Course type: Part-time
Timetable: Monday to Friday, 6.00 pm to 9.00pm
Delivery: Online (tutor-led classes)
Funding: FREE as it is funded by the West Yorkshire Combined Authority.
Certificates: NCFE Level 3 certiicate
– Live in West Yorkshire or surrounding areas
– Living in the UK for a minimum of 3 years
– You must be over 19
– Level 2 English and Maths required or studying towards
- Career Advice
- Student and Tutor Support
By completing the course, you will have access to many opportunities. Having the knowledge and skills will enable you to enter the cyber industry.
- Unit 01 Understand cyber security principles
- Understand cyber security
- Understand core terminology and key aspects of cyber security
- Understand security by design principles
- Unit 02 Threat intelligence in cyber security
- Understand cyber threat intelligence
- Understand threat models
- Understand malicious software
- Know about social engineering
- Unit 03 Cyber security testing, vulnerabilities and controls
- Understand common types of testing in cyber security
- Be able to reduce or remove potential cyber security vulnerabilities
- Understand controls in cyber security
- Be able to apply a cyber security control
- Unit 04 Cyber security incident response
- Understand what is meant by a cyber security incident response plan
- Be able to develop a cyber security incident response plan
- Be able to develop an incident postmortem report
- Unit 05 Understand legislation and ethical conduct within cyber security
- Understand legislation relating to cyber security
- Understand information security standards
- Understand ethical conduct within cyber security
- Unit 06 Professional skills and behaviours for cyber security
- Understand behaviours required for a career in cyber security
- Be able to identify skills required for a career in cyber security
- Understand the importance of continuous professional development
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.