Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Business and Management (various disciplines)
- Permanent, full time
- Based in the Business School
- Required as soon as possible
The University of Law (ULaw) is one of the world’s largest law schools. With an impressive history dating back to 1876, we employ over 900 staff and have over 14,000 students studying on our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, along with an alumni network in excess of 100,000.
We were the first-ever independent institution to be granted degree awarding powers and in 2012 we gained university title. With a rich heritage and a reputation for innovation and contemporary teaching practices, we continuously focus on developing the best legal and business minds.
Your new role
To provide tuition as a part of the delivery of programmes in accordance with the University’s strategy for enhancing the student experience, with a particular emphasis on current business practice and employability. To assist the Director of Business Programmes in the day to day management of the University’s business teaching. To undertake teaching and teaching related activities as agreed with the line manager.
We are particularly interested in candidates from the following backgrounds; Accounting, Finance, Quantitative subjects, Project Management, Cyber Security and Operations Management.
We seek to appoint inspirational and talented Lecturers who will;
- Teach and assess across the University of Law course portfolio, including teaching and assessing students across a range of written and oral skills and giving individual feedback on performances.
- Assist in the preparation of assignments and assessments as required.
- Mark students’ written assignments, coursework assessments and examinations within stated deadlines and to the required standard.
- Participate in course design and review, as required.
- Participate in students’ curricular and practice related activities, as required.
What you need to succeed
In order to be successful in your application you must hold a Master’s degree (in the business and/or management subjects offered in the Business School) or professional qualifications (i.e qualified accountant or CFA). You must have experience of teaching in higher education and be flexible to teach across the courses.
It is not essential that you hold a teaching qualification (PGCHE), however it is a requirement that you will enrol in the programme.
Senior Lecturers must have Fellowship of the HEA.
In return you will receive;
- Robust induction and mentoring programme
- Wide opportunities for career progression
- Flexible working
- 35 days holiday
- Support with teacher training qualification
- Support with further education and research
This is a great opportunity to inspire and develop the next generation of talent by providing tuition across the University of Law course portfolio.
For more information on these opportunities and ULaw please contact our recruitment partner Hannah Connell by calling 07966 129 657 or emailing Hannah.Connell@hays.com
*Please submit your CV as soon as possible, as interviews will be taking place at regular intervals throughout this recruitment campaign. Contact Hannah for more information*
Some posts within the University are subject to a DBS check – you will be notified of this during the application process.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.