BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence we develop world-class radio and data systems. We are launching a major new space programme, marrying our existing capabilities with new space technology.
We need skilled, enthusiastic and motivated people at all experience levels from graduate to CTO to deliver these exciting new capabilities. There are opportunities in all relevant engineering and non-engineering disciplines, both for those with space industry experience and those without.
Many roles come with opportunities for remote / hybrid working, working in our offices in Guildford and Great Baddow only when required.
We will provide you with personal development, CPD including support towards professional recognition, industry-leading benefits, and the opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to interesting problems with the support of our highly-skilled engineering community.
Come and join us for this exciting opportunity to shape and deliver world-class space technologies.
What you will be doing (role duties and responsibilities)
You will lead the development of cutting-edge radio and communication technologies for our new space-based systems. Making use of your extensive experience in communications, waveforms and/or SDR, you will design this critical part of our new system, selecting the right techniques and principles to deliver highly-performant systems that delight our customers.
You will lead teams of highly-skilled scientists and engineers, designing radio systems for both space and ground environments on our world-class SDR platforms. We design and deliver high-performance radio and data processing systems, generating the most interesting and complex electronics design challenges. Whether its the most sensitive radio receivers, designing for very low SWaP environments or designing highly complex DSP algorithms, we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver. Recognised as the expert and point of contact for radio and communications systems, you will maintain deep understanding of relevant technologies, producing innovative solutions to complex engineering problems.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing the technology strategy within your area of expertise, providing technical support to business development activities and providing expert review within your area of expertise across the enterprise.
What we are looking for (skills and experience)
We are looking for ambitious, high-calibre people with the following characteristics:
- Highly motivated with a strong academic background typically in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- Solid grounding in engineering with typically >10 years’ experience in an engineering or technology based environment, working on complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Comprehensive understanding of radio communication systems and concepts
- Proven track record of successfully delivering high quality radio solutions
- Experience in digital signal processing techniques and the ability to design processing architecture relating to communications and signal processing systems
- Experience in the use of software and FPGA development tools and environments
- Working knowledge of one or more programming languages, preferably C, Unix programming and fluent in MATLAB
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at the same time and in a dynamic environment where deadlines and priorities are changeable.
- Have a good knowledge of communications protocols e.g. ECSS and CCSDS standards relating to space data links and navigation
- A keen interest in the space sector and awareness of latest industry developments
- Experience of developing for space applications
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary development teams in a project-based environment
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.