Lead platform Engineer
Your new company
At hays we are excited to be working with a global leader in digital transformation.
They are the best at what they do and number one in Europe in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions.
The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for some of the worlds most prestigious sporting events.
The purpose of this organisation is to help design the future of the information space.
Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
They are a diverse and inclusive company where people are truly free to be themselves. They can thrive, achieve their personal goals and innovate without limitations.
Your new role
- Handle FCAPS scenarios in production environment
- Track and manage platform tickets to meet SLA requirements
- Supervise and handle cluster capacity based on customer count, events per second Perform Hadoop administration tasks
- Guide platform engineers to fix day-to-day Operational issues
- Setup and lead HDP Platform, handling all Hadoop environment builds, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring
- Develop scripts/ tools to automate platform maintenance activities
- Work with sustenance engineering on emergency fixes
- Debug day to day job issues in Hadoop platform and provide solutions
- Perform software release management tasks
- Health monitoring of multiple HDP clusters using centralized dashboards, for Hadoop services, overall server health, custom applications running on the cluster
- Troubleshoot Log collection and ingestion via Apache NiFi to our MDR platform from various network devices (like Firewall, Switches, Router, Proxy, IPS, WAF, Etc..), servers, and Cloud resources
- Coordinate with Network, Infrastructure, and other organizations as required
- Perform root cause analysis on failed components and implements corrective measures
- Configuration of high level and low level HDP parameters to fine tune performance of the cluster
- Handle escalations on FCAPS issues
What you’ll need to succeed
- Working knowledge in design and operationalizing FCAPS (Fault, Configuration, Availability, Performance, Security) for Hadoop clusters
- Experience in design of automated Hadoop installation
- Deep Expertise in leading Hadoop ecosystem components in large production clusters
- Expertise in HDP platform/Cloudera
- Application Deployment using JAVA & Python APIs
- Good Scripting knowledge in Bash, Python, Anaconda, Ansible
- Knowledge of Automation/ DevOps Tools Github, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes
- Data Ingestion, Data Access & Data storage using Hadoop Big Data tools like HBase, Flume, Kafka, Nifi, ElasticSearch
- Good hands-on experience of Linux, its commands and scripting are a must
- General operational excellence. This includes good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system’s capacity and bottlenecks, memory management, performance tuning and optimization for Linux and Hadoop
- Configuration management and deployment exposure in Open source environment
- Knowledge of Kerberos and Apache Ranger for configuring security
- Critical thinker and good problem-solver
- Exposure and experience of Azure administration
- Knowledge of Core Java
- UK Security Clearance or eligibility and willingness to acquire security clearance to SC level as required by specific projects
- Ability to achieve Office of Nuclear Regulation clearance
What you’ll get in return
- 25 days of Annual leave + an option to purchase more
- Flex benefits system – exciting opportunity to choose your own benefits
- Retail discounts
- Pension – matching contribution up to 10%
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Enrolment in the Share scheme – subject to scheme eligibility criteria
- Unlimited opportunities to learn in the Training platforms
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.