Lead Platform Architect
Lead Platform Architect – Salary up to £75,000.
This is a great job for someone who loves knowing how applications work and want to make them quicker, easier to change and with more features, then this is the role for you. It’s a great step up for someone who’s worked in solution or platform architecture / design and wants to own and drive the decisions for Aviva’s key Personal Lines application.
A bit about the job:
You will be responsible for Aviva’s strategic Personal Lines application, supporting millions of customers and quotes. You will be leading a multi-supplier design team responsible for application and cloud infrastructure changes by 100’s of developers ensuing the changes follow agreed (or new) design patterns and governing the changes. Your multi-year roadmap for the application will be aligned to both the business strategy and evolving IT trends such as Cloud standards, containers and serverless alongside opening the platform to APIs.
Aviva uses “smart-working”, and the person in this role can be based anywhere commutable to an Aviva office.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Architecture with responsibility for delivering large scale, complex technical solutions across cloud and on-premises environments.
- Non-functional design principles, security, and performance modelling.
- Development and API design.
- Making decisions using both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Cloud and cloud native applications and 12 factor principles.
What you’ll get for this role:
- Salary up to £75,000 (depending on skills, experience, and qualifications)
- Generous pension (starting level Aviva contributes 8% when you contribute 2%)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus
- Family friendly parental and carer’s leave
- 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for Aviva products
- Brilliant flexible benefits including electric cars
- Aviva Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
- 21 volunteering hours per year
Aviva is for everyone:
We are inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
Most of our people are smart working – spending around 60% of their time in our offices and 40% at home.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Abigail Aitken a call on +44 7774 789975 or send an email to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.