BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are recruiting for a Lead Business Analyst to join an existing team working for a Central Government customer.
On this programme of work, the key responsibilities of the role is to work closely with the client to investigate business situations, and then identify and evaluate options for improvements to systems and operations. The business analyst should apply appropriate techniques (requirements management, process improvement, functional analysis, etc) to define, manage and support implementation of effective solutions to business issues.
- Ability to perform stakeholder analysis, mapping influence, impact and commitment of each stakeholder
- Leads the client engagement for specific areas of work
- Take ownership of one or more areas of work including planning, identifying risks and regular reports to the project manager
- Ability to plan and facilitate effective workshops
- Applies Applied Intelligence standard approaches on client engagements with assistance / direction, and takes the lead in specific areas
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes
- Effectively plan and manage the requirements process from capture through to change control
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration
- Identifies potential benefits, and available options for consideration
- Works with clients/users in defining acceptance tests
- Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity
- Selects appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements taking into account the nature of the required changes, established practice and the characteristics and culture of those providing the requirements
- Discovers and analyses requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate
- Obtains formal agreement by stakeholders and recipients to scope and requirements and establishes a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence
- Manages requests for and the application of changes to baselined requirements
- Identifies the impact on business requirements of interim (e.g. migration) scenarios as well as the required end position
- Drives the requirements elicitation process where necessary, identifying what stakeholder input is required
- Takes responsibility for the investigation and application of changes to programme scope.
- Assesses, analyses, develops, documents and implements changes based on requests for change
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.