KPE IT Internal Audit Manager
Location: North Offices – Manchester, Leeds or Liverpool
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges. With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The integration of the IT Internal Audit team into KPE GRCS has the following four key proposition to our clients:
- Evaluation of controls over technology through Internal Audit.
- The strategic use of technology as an enabler in the Internal Audit.
- The identification and evaluation of technology related risks.
- Audit of IT and change programmes.
These clients need to deal effectively with their operational risk, to achieve maximum value from their technology, data and processes and our ITIA specialists provide independent, jargon-free advice to help them achieve this potential.
We work closely with other consulting teams, for example cyber security specialists, digital experts and technology strategists to ensure our clients receive the best possible advice.
As a Manager in GRCS there will be opportunities to work on a variety of engagements covering the spectrum of services that we provide including:
- Reviewing and establishing internal audit functions from a technology perspective
- Assurance mapping with technology lens – IT controls health checks and IT risk universe
- Creating annual audit plans for clients including IT audits and tech approaches to non IT audits
- Providing technology internal audit services on both outsourced and co-sourced contractual basis
- Managing and directly delivering individual and/or a programme of IT internal audit projects which includes planning, review, quality assurance and reporting
- Working with client’s in-house internal audit function to supply IT specialist or additional IT IA resource needed
- IT Process improvement projects
- Risk management, governance and internal audit advisory services
- Tech Risk identification workshops and IT control reviews
- Delivering IT control and tech risk training
- Managing and reviewing IT GC internal control questionnaires
- IT and Technology Corporate governance reviews
- Contract compliance audits with technology focus
- Assessing effectiveness of IT internal audit functions
- IT Sarbanes Oxley advisory services and delivery
- Working with members of other KPMG advisory teams
- Secondments to clients to assist with IT specific projects
- Delivering specific IT advisory projects
- Business development
Roles and Responsibilities
- Retaining management responsibility for a portfolio of UK-wide clients, maintaining relationships with senior KPMG and client staff and responsible for the financial performance and delivery of these accounts
- Demonstrating a detailed understanding of how current and emerging IT and tech regulatory, governance and risk management affect their clients
- Undertaking KPMG’s internal risk management and client engagement management procedures including client acceptance, continuance and engagement procedures
- Keeping up to date with all IT industry specific issues and circumstances which affect their clients
- Developing IT audit strategies which address all IT audit, client service and project management issues, in accordance with the KPMG internal audit methodology
- Recognising where specialists are required and involving other KPMG staff, managing their input to the client
- Reviewing the audit evidence obtained ensuring it is sufficient in line with IIA Standards and KPMG methodology
- Conducting meetings with clients to explain audit findings and drafting and reviewing reports
- Reporting to partners/directors all salient points arising from assignments
- Producing quarterly Audit Committee papers
- Setting budgets for engagement and monitoring delivery against the budget
- Ensuring work in progress is monitored and controlled with fees being raised promptly
- Identifying and exploiting additional fee billing possibilities
- Planning and allocating staff resources to fulfil business requirements
- Setting objectives with the team, and providing support and feeding back on performance
- Providing coaching and training to KPMG staff on risk management and internal audit methodology
- Identifying and developing new opportunities for KPMG to work with clients and targets
- Writing tender documents and presenting at proposals
- Assisting partners in general business development
Qualifications, Experience and Background
We expect that you will have:
- Managing Internal Audit and/or risk management engagements.
- Experience of being the main client contact for engagements and dealing with day to day interactions at FC / FD level.
- Private sector and/or professional services experience within the corporate sector is a requirement.
- Business Development experience.
- Experience in managing teams and engagements.
- Proven experience in a technology risk and control / audit environment within professional services or an internal audit / risk function.
- A good understanding of the service assurance industry, including the inter-relationship between service users and service providers.
It would also be useful if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree, ideally, in technology, business, or related field preferred, but not mandatory as experience is a key differentiator.
- Experience of business analysis, core business processes and financial services systems, for example, transaction processing, system development, change management.
- Ability to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly at all levels.
- A good understanding of technology platforms.
- Recognised accounting / auditing (e.g. CIMA, CISA, ACA) qualification.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.