BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
UX / UI Consultant About the Role
With a strong understanding of best practices and methodologies, UX Consultants are the primary end-user advocates who produce online experiences that engage even the most discerning audiences. They are research and data enthusiasts who consume large amounts of information and distil it into simple yet engaging and useful digital products and services to serve a wide variety of online experiences. Think research, persona creation, needs analysis, site maps, taxonomies, wireframes and prototypes.
The role of a User Experience (UX) Consultant is broad in that they can operate across several key phases of our User Centred Design (UCD) methodology from Discovery, Define and Design to Implementation, Test and Deploy.
Skills and Experience
- Conduct user research and requirements gathering, task and concept modelling, information architecture and UX design, and concept/usability testing.
- Design interactions using an iterative process, based on evidence from deep customer insight, and gathered through interviews, studies, analytics, usability testing and more.
- Create user experience specifications, personas, user journeys, wireframes, design patterns, interactive prototypes and information architecture assets such as site maps, screen flows and navigation models that demonstrate empathy with users.
- Work collaboratively with strategy, business analyst, visual design and technical development teams and manage UX and design work streams (including estimating resources, time and materials to define and complete their work).
- Be a subject matter expert and evangelist for a user-centred design methodology, contributing to cross-functional teams including software architects, account managers and other designers. Strong communicator of design rationale and project progress and a proactive contributor to ongoing improvements and enhancements of our methodologies.
- Support business development activities such as contributing expert UX input to pitches, proposals and client presentations as well as planning activities for projects and programmes of work.
- The user experience consultant is expected to be able to work either as part of a team under leadership from a manager, or be self sufficient on smaller projects (where it is only one UX consultant) with weekly direction from a manager.
- Good knowledge of accessibility compliance, SEO, social, personalisation, responsive design, assisted digital, search, ecommerce, online customer service and more
- Good understanding and use of software such as Google Analytics, Adobe Test & Target, etc.
- Proficiency in relevant software packages Sketch, Framer, Just in Mind, Adobe Creative Suite etc
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Good general understanding of web technologies
- Create compelling online consumer experiences that are empathetic and drive measurable business results
- Good understanding of Agile development and Lean UX
A competitive package consisting of a base salary, superannuation, bonus and generous company benefits including:
- private medical care
- lunch voucher
- multi-sport card
- social events
- cross company free share program
- life insurance
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.