We are recruiting for a Junior User Experience (UX) Researcher. You will be part of a team that creates digital products which help their customers build financial resilience. You will be working with a diverse group of people with a wide range of experience in many different sectors.
As a UX researcher you will be responsible for supporting Senior UX Researchers in creating original research. You will have a good understanding of UX research methodologies and a proactive interest in accessibility, with an appetite for further learning and development in this area. You will need to articulate the value of research and executing it, and therefore you must have excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities in the role:
- Contribute to planning, and execute and communicate user experience research that provides tangible findings and clear calls to action
- Work with designers, product managers, strategists and developers to prioritise research opportunities in an agile, fast-paced, iterative environment
- Capture insights through research and workshops that will help inform design outcomes ( i.e., user journeys, information architecture)
- Have a good understanding of qualitative methodologies as well as best practices and core principles of great user experience
- You will learn how to conduct audits and testing against accessibility standards, then make recommendations for how to fix the issues found.
- Produce written reports and give presentations that inspire action through clarity and relevance for audiences from a range of backgrounds
- Represent the customer in the product development process
- Enthusiastically advocate for the value of research across the business.
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- You will have experience delivering UX research
- You will analyse, communicate and present metrics effectively to support recommendations
- You will have experience of working collaboratively within a large complex organisation
- You will have good knowledge of usability, accessibility, user experience research tools and qualitative techniques across multiple channels
- You will be passionate about creating understanding and empathy for research processes and work
- You will have collaborated with and presented to people from many different walks of life
- You will love learning and have the drive to make things better by understanding them more
Post pandemic, you may be required to travel to London 2 – 3 times per week.
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to [email protected] .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.