Your new company
Hays have an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning organisation based in Newport but open to remote working with office work required for team meetings. They are a smaller organisation under the umbrella of a larger company that have been established for over sixteen years. They have exciting plans to grow the team and company and as a result this have two new positions within the team. As an organisation they specialise in cyber security and form part of a software development company that are UK based.
Your new role
As part of the fast growing development team you will play a key part of the company’s strategy for growth by contributing to the successful development of projects. As their Junior tester you will provide full lifecycle testing of their data products in an agile environment. You will be mentored by a skilled senior tester and their team and have the opportunity to learn new skills whilst expanding on your own. This role has scope for quick progression due to team expansion. You can work in office or on a fully remote basis if desired with the expectation to come into office occasionally.
Your role will also involve the below:
● Build test rig environments for install, functional and load testing
● Use of Docker (containerisation) for emulating multiple end points
● Scripting to automate build environments and tests
● Deploy and manage test databases and applications
● Understanding of AWS for build environments
● Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
● Create security and data protection settings
What do you need to know?
• Experience in testing Java or other popular languages
• Testing endpoint solution in different network topologies
• Load testing servers, collating evidence and providing meaningful feedback
• Feature & UI testing
• Preparation/review of test plans
• Experience with Jira /Zephyr
• Load testing. (JMeter or similar)
• Experience in Connecting to cloud services is desirable but not essential (O365, GDrive etc)
(If you don’t have all of this experience but feel you match around 60% of the criteria please still feel free to get in touch)
What you will get in return
This is a great opportunity to work in a young and expanding company with the powerful backing of a larger organisation. The company are offering fully remote work, in office or hybrid working along with a very competitive salary of up to £30,000. Other benefits include healthcare packages, death in service cover and a competitive pension.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. I am a Business Manager here at Hays Technology leading a team of permanent Tech recruiters in Wales that cover specialist areas within Technology. I help tech professionals develop their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by the top talent
At Hays Technology, we are shaping the future of recruitment. In today’s market, there are no boundaries for tech talent or limits on the pace of change for companies. We have built the leading human network for the digital age and we’re ambitious to meet your aspirations and work together to match tech experts to organisations. The established relationships that we hold give you unparalleled access to unique insights, which we provide to you at speed using our expertise, investments, and innovation. We are Hays Technology (We have multiple positions available with this organisation so if you don’t tick all of the essential criteria please feel free to get in touch)
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.