Junior Cyber Security Engineer/Assistant // £25,000-£30,000 //LONDON
Are you a recent IT graduate or a IT career changer? In either case this is a great opportunity to build on your existing knowledge and experience of IT services and develop information and cyber security expertise in a highly successful and innovative professional services organisation. What the role involves:
- Assist in the developing, documenting and implementing of information security policies, plans and procedures to ensure effectiveness of controls
- Assisting performance of audits of information security controls to measure compliance with documented IT processes and policy
- Assist in co-ordination of internal audits to ensure maintenance of the firms ISO and other certifications
- Assist in the monitoring of corrective actions with stakeholders
- Assist in the maintenance and monitoring of risk registers to ensure that actions are completed by the target dates
- Assist in the maintenance of the controlled document repository ensuring that process owners update their documentation
- Support information security due diligence assessments of suppliers offering services to the firm and support procurement processes according to agreed procedures
- Collate and analyse reports and data sets of cyber incident and event data to track trends, risk status and monitor compliance
- Relevant academic qualification such as BSc Computer Science / Information Technology / Information Systems / Data Science or equivalent experience and formal training
- Knowledge and some experience of delivering information technology services
- Knowledge and some experience of cyber and information security
- Some experience of working with large data sets, good data analysis and reporting skills (using MS Excel) with a proactive and tenacious approach to problem solving
- Experience of following IT/IS processes and procedures
- Knowledge of network infrastructures such as VPNs, firewalls, switches, routers, LANs, Intrusion Detection, vulnerability scanning etc.
- An understanding of cyber security concepts and systems/solutions such as IDM, DLP, SIEM SOC, SSO etc.
- An understanding of Vulnerability and Risk Assessment approaches and methodologies
- An understanding of the cyber security strategy and compliance frameworks (for example, ISO27001)
- An understanding of current UK data protection legislation, General Data Protection Regulation and principles of data privacy
- Some experience of documenting and developing IT and IS processes and procedures
- Some experience with stakeholder management
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.