We are currently recruiting for a Java Software Engineer to join the API team within our Digital organisation. Working within one of our scrum teams to build and maintain the RESTful APIs that will underpin both ours and our partners’ digital applications.
You’ll be joining Aviva at a really exciting time. We would love you to be a part of building great new innovative ways to engage with new and existing customers, on a portfolio of products that reach out to 17 million customers. It’s never been more important for us to hire fantastic people into our awesome digital teams who sit at the forefront of delivering our strategy.
Within Aviva Digital Platforms we approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set, focused on delivering small, value driven enhancements often. We achieve that with our scrum teams that include developers, testers, BAs and Solution Designers to create brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products to improve code quality against our core development principles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Development of RESTful API’s using Java on a Spring framework including microservices and containers
- Software Engineering -contribute to continual improvement in speed to market and quality, playing your role in product delivery to our customers and the transformation of the engineering and delivery process
- Undertaking design and code reviews to ensure systems meet functional and non-functional requirements and proactively identifying where changes are required to maintain these in the future
- Designing and building software that is cloud ready
Skills & Experience required
- Technical expertise in Java Development and associated frameworks (Spring, Azure DevOps, JUnit, Cucumber, Jenkins, Maven, GIT)
- Experience of developing with Spring Boot and Spring Integration
- Experience of developing with either RedHat FUSE, Apache ServiceMix, Apache Camel
- Hands on experience of designing, building and supporting RESTful APIs and microservices
- Experience of modern software engineering practices include Continuous Delivery
- Experience of server-side Java development and associated concerns (e.g., thread management, database access, ORM, security)
- Experience of working in large teams with a shared codebase, and designing & building for maintainability
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between £32,500 – £42,500 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv Johal a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to [email protected] .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.