We are looking for a Java Engineer to join the eSecurity team within our Digital organisation, you will be working within a platform team to build and maintain the Java applications that underpin the Aviva authentication environment.
Within Aviva Digital we approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set, focused on delivering small, value driven enhancements often. We achieve that with our scrum teams that include developers, testers, BAs and Solution Designers to create brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products to improve code quality against our core development principles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development of authentication applications using Java on a Spring framework including microservices and containers.
- Supporting our technical leadership to enable deliveries of excellent code quality and authentication design.
- Contribute to continual improvement in speed to market and quality, playing your role in product delivery to our customers and the transformation of the engineering and delivery process.
- Undertaking design and code reviews to ensure systems meet functional and non-functional requirements and proactively identifying where changes are required to maintain these in the future.
- Understand and adhere to application roadmaps, but challenge when appropriate.
Skills & Experience required :
- Excellent technical expertise in Java Development and associated frameworks (Junit, Cucumber, Jenkins, Spring, Maven, Websphere).
- Understanding of Network Protocols and Web Technologies e.g html ajax, TCPIP, HTTP, SSL, certificates and LDAP.
- Understanding of industry direction and trends within IAM and Cloud based technologies.
- Awareness of server-side Java development and associated concerns (e.g. thread management, database access, ORM, security)
- Experience of working in large, multi sited teams with a shared codebase, and designing & building for a consistently great customer experience.
- Have experienced Agile Software Development, and have used Object Oriented Software Design Patterns, Test and Behaviour Driven Development.
- Experienced working within an agile environment.
- Experience with IAM solutions and Tivoli Access Manager (TAM) or IBM Security Access Manager (ISAM) is extremely useful as that is our identity management system of choice.
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of £35,000 to £40,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply).
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job . Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online . If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Alice Neal a call on 0121 200 5926 or send an email to alice [email protected] .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010 *. By ‘ minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.