BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
As the market-leading provider of innovative financial crime and compliance solutions, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence helps global financial institutions to take intelligent action, control defences and evolve strategies against fraud, money laundering and other types of financial crime. With clients in over 100 countries, spanning four continents, BAE Systems Applied Intelligence counts seven of the world’s top ten banks among its growing family of clients.
Today, we have over 3,000 staff in 26 offices serving clients across the UK and Europe, the Americas, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our people apply intelligence to protect and enhance national and organisational assets so that they can grow and prosper – from improving the health and efficiency of leading corporations to protecting critical infrastructures, safeguarding vulnerable people and catching criminals.
New opportunities and risks are emerging and converging… every day. Come and be part of our team and make a real difference…
About The Team
Our Customer Engineering team build the technologies and customer-focused solutions that solve our clients’ business problems in a scalable and comprehensive way. Customer Engineering work closely with the delivery teams to implement functionality key to the success of the project. We are looking for a senior engineer with strong Java and server development experience.
About The Role
- Demonstrate the ability to acquire new skills and put these to effective use.
- Show good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Provide accurate estimates for development tasks and meet deadlines.
- Fully assess the impact of changes on existing product code.
- Take the initiative and assume ownership for tasks or problems.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work as part of a development team in our customer engineering group.
- Support client projects to resolve java code related issues
- Develop functionality targeted at meeting customer requirements.
- Introduce new technologies and improve existing code.
- Collaborate with other teams in design workshops.
- Take full responsibility for test-driven development and work effectively with QA.
- Improve practices and design principles.
- Support application and client delivery teams.
Skills and Experience
- Programming Languages – Java/JEE
- Spring framework ( Spring IOC, Spring-MVC, Spring Security)
- Test Driven Development – Junit
- 2 – 5 years commercial experience in a large-scale, distributed, production-grade systems
- Proven track record of technical design and development as part of a team.
- Databases – Oracle, PostgreSQL,
- Search engines: ElasticSearch, Lucene
- Tools – Gradle, Git, Maven
- Web servers/ Application Servers – Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere
- Agile development methodologies – Kanban
- Data processing technologies – Kafka
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Applied Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.