BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Government business unit as a Java developer. We deliver next generation communications and intelligence solutions for law enforcement agencies and compliance solutions for telecommunications companies.
At the forefront of this vision is our globally successful IntelligenceReveal solution. This suite of tools provides an analytical platform that is designed to deliver complex all-source solutions built upon open, mature, modern and flexible frameworks. This solution is used to analyze data from one, or many, sources including open source data and the Dark Web.
We are looking for a Java developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise grade applications for our national and international customers.
Working within small focussed teams, you will work on some of the latest technologies to ingest millions of records per second into massively scalable data stores, and then process that data to provide actionable intelligence. You’ll be involved with contributing to systems design and development decisions affecting the integration of existing and future systems, including Big Data technologies and cutting edge security and threat detection systems.
You will join a strong development team, working at our Guildford office in a relaxed, friendly but technically challenging area of the business. Depending on your skills, there may also be the opportunity for client facing work, including travel in both the U.K and abroad.
What you could be doing for us:
- Full lifecycle software development in Java.
- Successful delivery of high quality incremental software releases.
- Participation in occasional client site integrations, demos, training and business development activities.
- Support continuous improvement by investigating research on alternative technologies, tools and methods.
What background are we looking for?
Essential Skills and Experience
- You will have at least 3 years of professional software development using Java.
- You will have experience writing tests for existing and new code to ensure compatibility and stability
- You will be experienced in using different types of source control (preferably Git), be familiar with continuous integration, test-driven development and be prepared to use Agile development techniques to incrementally deliver working software.
- You will work well within small teams, taking ownership of and delivering high quality software – you should take pride in the software you produce.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Industry experience of any of the following technologies/skills would be beneficial, but not required:
- AngularJS / React JS
- Microservice Architecture
- Apache Maven
- Apache Hadoop, Kafka or Camel.
- Knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems.
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber-crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We’ll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you’ll be much more than just a job title; you’ll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.