KPMG’s Cyber Defence (CDS) Team conducts client facing technical assurance and penetration testing and has a long and successful history in KPMG. Our clients are diverse, and we cover many sectors with particular specialisms in Financial Services, High-end Defence Assurance and Telecommunications. We work closely with the NCSC developing new schemes such as Cross Domain Solutions Testing (https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/blog-post/ncsc-cross-domain-industry-pilot-stage-2) and are members of all current NCSC and CREST testing schemes – as a result we conduct interesting and challenging work that isn’t on offer elsewhere.
The Cyber Response (CRS) team assists clients when the worst happens and attackers strike. Our experts combine deep business, technical and regulatory experience to support return to normal as quickly as possible. We help clients identify root causes, what may have been compromised and how to recover systems and services quickly. We can also conduct forensic investigations to enable follow-up actions.
Our dedicated Cyber Security Lab IT environment provides the tools and resources required to effectively respond to advanced cyber attacks – or emulate them – while keeping threats safely isolated from the KPMG corporate network. The lab is an accredited National Cyber Security Centre Test Laboratory and is certified to the ISO 17025 and Cyber Essentials Plus standards.
A full time IT systems administrator is required to support the day-to-day management and maintenance of the Cyber Security Lab IT environment, including on-premises and cloud-based (Office 365, Azure and AWS) resources. Responsibilities will include:
• Install and configure hardware and software
• Manage servers and applications
• Configure and maintain firewalls and network devices
• Set up user accounts and workstations
• Deploy virtual machines and cloud resources to support client engagements
• Deploy patches and system upgrades
• Investigate and resolve faults and issues
• Manage backups
• Manage software licensing
• Work with KPMG Procurement to source hardware and software as required
• Develop and maintain internal technical documentation
• Work with the Cyber Security Lab Management Team to support and improve the management system and maintain compliance with relevant standards
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
• Proven experience in IT Systems Administration, Network Administration or similar role
• Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory domains
• Experience managing cloud services especially Azure and AWS
• Familiar with various operating systems including Microsoft Windows, Ubuntu, Kali Linux
• Familiar with network devices especially Cisco and HPE
• Ability to create scripts in PowerShell, Python, etc
• Resourceful and problem-focussed
• Excellent communication skills
• Relevant professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is desirable
• Work at the cutting edge of the cyber security industry
• Fast-paced environment and growing team
• Training and development opportunities will be provided
• Access to Microsoft and AWS online training resources
• Sponsorship for relevant professional certifications
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.